Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Strawberry Shortcake in May!

This is my all time favorite shortcake recipe. It is from the King Arthur Flour site, which also has some scrumptious other recipes. These are pretty easy to make and the powdered buttermilk gives them an added zip! Check out the recipe, http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/strawberry-shortcake-recipe


Our strawberry delight was due to the early local berries coming into season. Wow! What a treat. My own plants have a few more days before they have anything for me, but Kruse Farms already has some starting. I hope it will be a good season. I have plans already to can some strawberry lemonade concentrate and a good deal of strawberry jam concoctions... not to mention a diner style strawberry pie recipe from Cooks Country last month.
...and the finished product, well... at least for the picture! I tend to make it a bit messier and devour it quickly!


Posted by Picasa
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!