Saturday, June 6, 2009

Meatloaf Tonight

This is my all time favorite meatloaf recipe. It might have something to do with the nostalgia of childhood, but I have never turned my nose up at it. Never dry and definitely flavorful, this meatloaf is full of goodies to stir up the taste buds!

Meatloaf
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
2 eggs
1 8-oz. can of tomato sauce
1/2 c. of cracker crumbs or rolled oats (I prefer a mixture of Ritz and oats)
1/2 c. chopped yellow onion
1 apple finely chopped (roughly the size of the onion peices)
2 cloves of garlic diced
1/2 c. cubed sharp cheddar
salt & pepper as desired

Combine all ingredients except for beef. Mix well. I like to mix it by hand, I think it goes faster. Then add the beef and incorporate all the ingredients. Shape the mixture into a loaf shape in a 12x7.5x2-inch baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes. Take loaf out of the oven and top with ketchup as desired. Return to the oven for 15 minutes. Makes 6-8 servings.


This dish goes very quickly in my house! I have to appologize for the picture, we gobbled it down so quickly I forgot to set up pic to show it off! This was the left over half as I was putting it away in the fridge. Not nearly as pretty as when it first came out of the oven. But, really taste and enjoyment are far more important than looks any way!

I served this with some good 'ole fashioned mashed potatoes and some of our home canned green beans. Sometimes it is nice to go with a classic for Saturday dinner.
Posted by Picasa
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!