Monday, November 23, 2009

Fondest Christmas Memories

Where to begin? My fondest Christmas memories come from my early childhood when Christmas was still wrapped in the magic of a child's eyes. I remember when I was in the first and second grade we had the best Christmases. Those two years My Mother pulled out all the stops and really tried her hand at the picture perfect holiday. Unfortunately I think after that she was burnt out and the holiday was never quite the same.

Anyway, I have one vivid memory of myself sitting in the living room with my Santa mug full of hot chocolate as my parents decorated the tree. Holiday music was playing and the lights were already twinkling on the tree. It was a perfect moment of happiness. I would love to go back and relive it.

Then probably the same year, my Mother went all out and we spent a good week baking away. There was a wide variety of cookies and delicious treats made for the holiday season. I loved helping. Every cookie was a new recipe that I had never tried before. I thought my Mother was a baking genius! It really was magical.

Yes, it is early to be thinking about Christmas. What, with Thanksgiving still not quite here I hope I have started you thinking about the upcoming holiday season. All the online giveaways and holiday gift guides have me in the mood this year. I am already dreaming about what I want to include under our tree. Be sure to check out www.gograhamgo.com and www.jollymom.com They are both putting on the Here Comes Santa Claus Giveaway that began today. Be sure to head over and check out what they have to offer. Better yet, subscribe or follow and keep up to date on what they have in the works. I am sure it will be worth it!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting the question! I look forward to your giveaways and reviews.

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!