Monday, December 14, 2009

Everything you EVER wanted to know about me.... and Chistmas.

I grabbed this from Nicolle at Babee Love, & she grabbed it from Tiffany at Stuff Parents Need

Please feel free to join in on the fun and post your own answers on your blog, and then post a link in the comments!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I adore Egg Nog! Though, in the last few years we switched to Silk Nog and love it just as much. We have a local dairy here that has the best nog and we splurge once over the holidays. Even then we cut it with regular milk and I add nutmeg to the top. Yummy!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Usually wrapped! But, this year I might run out of paper and money. It is okay, my kids are still little.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? All white on the tree and twinkly!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Not right now. I have little kids and worry about them ingesting it.

5. When do you put your decorations up? I put stuff up mid December and we take it down after the new year... as soon as I can muster up energy and time.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Anything fattening. Anything seasonal. Anything I should eat in moderation. So, just about all of it. Though top of my list is the pecan pie and mashed potatoes. For Thanksgiving my in-laws threw cream cheese in the potatoes... heaven help me!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I loved being the first one up to see the tree with all the presents underneath. Just magical.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? When I realized the handwriting was all the same on each package. What can I tell ya. I was one skeptical kiddo.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? My family always did gifts on the Eve and stockings on Christmas Day. Now my DH's family does one family's gifts on one day and the others... well, on the other.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? My parents were collectors, but I have a hard time finding small enough ornaments... or a big enough tree. For now I stick with glass icicles and snowflakes... sometimes I use simple red balls. Simple, simple.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it! It really puts my ski loving DH in a good... and slightly amorous mood. :)

12. Do you remember your favorite gift? I don't tend to remember the gifts so much. Usually the food is more memorable to me. I still remember the disappointment at finding a tamale casserole as the main course one Christmas dinner. I had to go almost 2 years without my turkey and trimmings.

13. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Seeing and spending time with family. I also love the food. Yum!!!

14. What is your favorite holiday tradition? My family would put on Christmas music (Manheim Steamroller) and sip hot cocoa as we decorated the tree in our p.j.s. Just loved that.

15. What tops your tree? For now an old fashioned topper (don't know what to call it... tall with two rounded parts?). I am still working on making our angel for the top. (haven't started it, but I have opened the package and looked through the instructions!)

16. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? With kids of my own I now love giving. I am so excited to share Christmas with them.

17. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yum! What can I say? I love sugar. They are also dandy in baked goods.

18. Favorite Christmas Show? The old animated How the Grinch Stole Christmas

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I love Nat King Cole and his version of O' Tannenbaum. Just wonderful. Though, I might have to make room in my heart for a song off of Andrea Boccelli's new Christmas album. I think I am falling in love.

Whew! You made it to the end. Now your turn. Be sure to leave me a link so I can read yours, too! Happy Holidays everyone.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for participating in this! I'd love to see a picture of your tree with the icicles and snowflakes. It sounds really pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!