Thursday, December 31, 2009

I Want My Body Back,..

MamaNotes

Okay, It is New Year's Eve and I am taking a hard look at what my goals should be for 2010. As cliche as it may sound, I want to get in shape. I want my pre-baby body back. I really do miss it and am still not sure whose body I now have. I know, how many years have I put that down? Well, even so, my body is currently a disaster zone... I spill out every which way, things sag, they jiggle and they bulge. Not really a pretty picture at the moment since I am not made of jell-o. Now, I am terrified to get in front of a camera right now.... maybe for this challenge I will overcome my fears and bring you a little before pic. I am not really comfortable with my current look and it has only been the past 2 years that I have been so out of sorts.

Now, I have a wonderful DH who loves and supports me as well as two amazing kiddos who got me to where I am today (I promise not to hold that against them!). Two babies in two years is a really tough thing on a body. I would love to say this is just for my health, but who am I kidding? I want to look good in those non-maternity pants! ...without the added help of spanx!

My goals are simple... loose weight and get moving with my kids. This past weekend I got a new pair of shoes and a new Nike + sensor for my Ipod Touch. Have you guys ever used one of those? I love them! Just use it while walking or running to record your workout and then upload it to the website to log it. If you are competitive, like little ole' me, you can join in on virtual challenges with other people around the world. I used to have about 20 walking challenges going at a time and would walk a few times a day to make sure I stayed in the top 10 of each. I work well with competition.

I also hope to get stronger. I would love to have those washboard abs, but I think my genetics are working against me! I would be happy to get back into yoga and pilates. There is something about those moves that always makes me feel strong and fearless. Grrrr.....

Tomorrow I will get on the scale... maybe I will also post my pic. I am just glad that other bloggers will be on this challenge with me. I really hope to be inspired and share a few words of encouragement. I have a long road ahead of me and many pounds to shed. Tomorrow is a good day to get my body back!

Thank you Samantha, over at Mama Notes, for this great bloggie challenge! There are many other great gals doing this also and I can't wait to get to know them all. If you are interested in losing your baby weight be sure to link up and join the fun.
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. I'll be doing this along with you, support is key so lets stick together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to finally get over to your blog! I've seen you entering a lot of the same giveaways as I do!

    Yep, 2 under 2 will do some stuff to your body! (And let's not even start in on sleep, laundry, and diapers.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I UNDERSTAND!!!! I have twins who are 2 years, 3 months old and a baby who just turned 1!!! Birthing 3 children in a 15 month span changed my body drastically!! We can do this though. :) OH and I am a BIG fan of spanx!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, good luck!! I'm joining in too :D

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!