Friday, December 11, 2009

Last Minute Gift Help... it doesn't have to break the bank!

TwitterMoms & Staples are here again with another great and timely topic... they are looking for tips to get all y'all ready for the holidays. Now, there is not a lot of time left before the big day so let's get started!

My personal favorite is to make gifts. With the economy the way it is, we don't need to spend a lot to show we care. This doesn't mean things have to be boring! I love to bake, preserve and cook so last year I made homemade mustard and bread for many friends and family members. The key is to add a personal touch to your gift. Staples has a fabulous selection of paper, pens, and art supplies to personalize your gifts. Give a jar with all the dry ingredients for a favorite baked item. Decorate a label for your jar with the instructions, name or even a fun photo. You can find all those good things around your house or at Staples. Then add a ribbon and a wooden spoon or festive touch. Easy!

Scrapbooking is another great gift, personal and memorable! You can either do it on paper or now digitally. Not really scrapbooking per se, but a laminated "book" was given to my son with all the family members pictures in it. It was made at Staples and was a great tool to teach names and familiarize him with everyone. I would love to make a new one soon and add his health care professionals and friends to it also!

One great handmade gift my Mom did for me years ago was to design stationery for me. I had personalized letters and envelopes. Today not as many people write letters, but maybe because they don't have fun personalized stuff. I will do this for my kids when they are older. It could also be a great time to do that for your thank you cards. Everyone loves a personal touch.

And last, but not least, one quick tip I learned on Staple's website was to save time by shipping from their store. I don't know about you, but I am really tired of waiting in USPS lines to ship items. I thought this was a great tip and plan to use it if we ship anything. For more great tips, check out this link:
http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/marketing/holiday09pr/tips_from_mom....

Remember time is running out, but there are lots of great gifting options are available. Happy Holidays Everyone!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!