Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Body After Baby - Week 3

Okay, my little guy has really thrown a monkey wrench in my workout plans. Even so, I was able to use my Nike+ app on the IPOD touch and record my 2+ mile walks. Not too shabby! It does still take us 1 hour to get all ready & out the door. But, I bet we can shave off a little time every week.

As for weight loss? 1lb down which makes me happy. I am trying to increase my exercise routine slowly. For this next week I want to add in a yoga or pilates DVD 4 times for the week. I would love to work up to once a day.

This weeks question was, what is your favorite healthy snack?

I am a big fan of fruit. I love bananas, apples and this time of year I flip for clemintines. When I lived in Japan I ate my weight in mikans (mandarin oranges) every winter. Besides fruit I love almonds. I just have to watch my portions... just a couple nuts go a long way. If I am really pressed for time I like to keep a bowl of hard boiled eggs in the fridge. Those work well for post work out fuel... that and string cheese. Yum!

What about you? Do you have a favorite snack? Let me know. Also check out the fellow Body After Baby Challengers at Mama Notes. I will see you all back here for an update next week. And if you want to, come join us on this journey to get our bodies back after the baby!

MamaNotes
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Oh I hear ya, my baby is almost 9 months, number 6 and finding time to exercise is hard. I love to cook as well, I thought of starting a blog about that because I don't cook meat in my home and do whole foods and thought I could give ideas, but like I have time for two blogs! Good luck on the giveaway! I won one of vilate's diapers and was sold

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!