Thursday, February 25, 2010

Aloha Friday - #4




Aloha Everyone! In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend. Can you believe we made it to Friday? We survived the week, so to celebrate let's sit back and relax. No heavy mental lifting today... just one simple little question...

What is the one thing you can't live without in a new place?

I ask this because I have moving on the brain right now. We should, I hope be moved within a month, but there is a lot of work to be done first. Nothing a little elbow grease, can of paint, and an arsenal of cleaning supplies can't fix! My biggest thing... okay, 2 top wishes were a yard for the kids to enjoy and a workable kitchen. This isn't Adventures in all things Food for nothing!

Currently we have a small area fenced out back that has a small cement pad for a BBQ & a couple of chairs with a little area of gravel. I am sure that I don't have to tell you that gravel and a two year old that could could give the Energizer Bunny a run for his money are a bad mix! If we didn't move he would either break a limb jumping off of furniture in our living room, or require an ER trip courtesy of the gravel out back. At least with a yard he has more room to run off some energy. And dirt is good for a kid's soul!

And kitchen? Well, I have big plans to only increase my culinary and canning efforts this next year. It seems like the majority of my life revolves around this room, so it is a high priority.

Wow, that was longer than you expected, wasn't it? Sorry 'bout that. I guess I am just really excited. Please let me know where your priorities are. I bet you will be more successful with brevity than I was. I always love reading your posts, so have at it.

If you want more Aloha Friday fun, go to An Island Life and check out the other posts on the Linky.
Pin It

9 comments:

  1. I say my laptop! Wherever i go he must go too:)
    Happy Friday and here's my Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working toilets, electricity that is turned on and running water.
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/02/sex-addiction-whats-next-shopping-chocolate-and-baseball-addictions/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So long as I have a flushing toilet, running water and internet. . . I can learn to cope while things get done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure if this is answering your question, but when we first moved in to our home two years ago the previous owners left a towel, soap, tp, and paper towels in the bathrooms and kitchen. I can't tell you how dirty your hands get on moving day - how nice not to have to look through boxes to find soap and towels!

    In our new home, though, we had 2 requirements: a yard big enough for a baseball game, and a big kitchen. Done and done. :)

    (I'm a new follower through Follow Friday!)
    http://www.alisonsbookmarks.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh I have not moved in so long I am not sure. I suppose I would be relatively lost without my computer. :) That's pretty sad, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Power! lol, that is right though about the soap/towels and tp...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Computer access. I would go crazy without it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!