Friday, February 26, 2010

"Mabel’s Labels BlogHer ‘10 Contest"

So, what if the internet was wiped out by an electrical storm? Here is my response for the "Mabel’s Labels BlogHer ‘10 Contest"

Hi there dear friend. What a wild ride this has been. I may lose you, so I had better type fast.

I really feel like we have grown close over the years. You have grown into something I admire and need in my life. Though you seemed overwhelming at first, your uses and speed have grown more than I could have ever imagined. You have been there for me, so thank you. What a wild ride!

You were there when I traveled through Asia & connected me with friends across the globe.

You were there when my children were born & I needed to share them with the everyone everywhere. Every smile, laugh and scary PKU diagnosis you were a part of. I would log on to do research, pass the time or for retail therapy. You have been there through insomnia, sickness and nighttime nursing. You even supported my passions for food, attached parenting and movies. And now you are here bringing new friends into this SAHM's living room.

You hooked me up with Facebook, that went well. You knew I would love twitter. Social networking & blogging have overtaken TV and other pursuits in my life. We have had a pretty good relationship through the years and I can't believe this may be our last interaction.
Oh internet! There will be a hole left in my life when you are gone. RIP ??- 2010.
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your journey with Mabel's Labels and entering our BlogHer'10 Contest! Best of luck in the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how excited to enter this contest!!!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is written with so much feeling I wish you good luck in this contest

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck to you and thanks for entering my giveaways :D

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!