Monday, February 22, 2010

Sick... and happy?

Well, first off I just wanted to let you know that we are currently in the middle of being sick. We are a nice close family... so of course, we are all sick. Even baby girl started coughing. I had really hoped she would escape it since it pulls on my heart every time she coughs. I am sure with a little time and a bit more rest we will all be good as new. It is just slowing us down a bit.

...and happy? Well, I mentioned a few posts ago that we were on the verge of making some changes around here and I was excited to share. Looks like it is almost a done deal. Part of that involves us moving back to town... just not really in it. We will have a bigger place and a clean slate to make this place our new home. (aka it needs a bit of work... kinda rough, but with loads of potential.) It is pretty bare right now and we need to figure out everything from the appliances to window coverings and a few coats of paint in between. But, all very doable! I hope to post some before pics here after this weekends visit. Maybe you all could share your decorating ideas with me. We are basically starting from scratch and need to do it all on a modest budget.

In anticipation we bought a baby gate this weekend. We wanted this to start with so I can begin cleaning and we fully plan on getting one for the base of the stairs soon. I am a little nervous about the stairs and plan to be well baby proofed. My toddler can use stairs, but he is very busy and often fails to notice things around him. This will be a learning experience for both of us. Little girl is not crawling yet, but I am sure it will be here before I know it. At least she will grow up with stairs.

The house also has a bit of a yard, still needing to be fenced, but my DH assures me this is on the top of the list. I will not miss the gravel yard-let we have enjoyed for the past 2 years here. It really is not what a little boy needs. And my brain is already contemplating the gardening possibilities! That I am really looking forward to blogging about. Last year I posted our "gutter garden", but this year promises to be even more exciting!

The downside? Other than all the work I see in our future, well... I hate moving! My DH is of the "throw it all in one big box and sort it out later" camp... I am a slow and methodical mover. I actually like to sift through our possessions in the process and see what we can live without. It will be a fabulous way to spring clean this year. Today I began with my kiddos closet. I am slowly working my way through all of my son's clothes and then will decide what to do with them. I plan on putting aside one memory box, but I haven't decided if I should donate the rest or try to trade it in at a used children's clothing store. Either way, I don't want to pack it with us.

Wow! It is going to be a crazy next couple of months. We don't have a date set yet to move but I am excited to get started. I will be keeping you all posted.
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Yeah...just did the closet thing this weekend with my daughter. Felt so good...but very time consuming. Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there following from Friday Follow. Hope you are all feeling better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!