Thursday, March 11, 2010

Something for Everyone at Chili's!

I love to cook for my family. It allows me to provide them with fresh, healthy meals, but for my sanity we do eat out occasionally. Because my kids have special dietary needs we are always on the look out for spots with a wide variety of foods on the menu, and a willingness to take special requests.

With a trip into the city already scheduled, I jumped at the chance to try out some of Chili's Grill & Bar's newly added, freshly prepared, menu items! The marketing team supplied my family with a gift card and asked me to write an honest review here for you.

First of all the selection is fabulous! So much to choose from. On the children's menu there were 11 entrees to choose from alone! My kids can't have most traditional protein, due to their PKU, so I had to make a special request for only sides. No problem! Our server was more than willing to tailor the meal as we needed. The Mandarin Oranges, French Fries and Cinnamon Apples all fit on their diet... and made my son so happy! If you have a picky eater, I am confident there will be something there to tempt their appetite.

I chose to try Chili's new sweet 'n tangy Shiner Bock® BBQ sauce on their ribs. Yum! I was in heaven. I am a rib fan, but the sauce has become a new favorite of mine. I had these with the loaded mashed potatoes and loved enjoying the meal without having to do dishes after. My husband and I were both very satisfied and look forward to going back again. I really want to try some of the other new menu items like the Santa Fe Chicken Wrap, or the Caribbean Salad.

So, if that wasn't enough to get your mouth to water... we ended the meal by splitting a Molten Chocolate Cake. Oh, it was so good! There is something about gooey chocolate fudge wrapped up in chocolate cake topped with ice cream. I am surprised that my husband even got a bite.

I bet I have your full attention, right? Well, before you run out that door there is a contest Chili's will soon be running called, "Shout Out to Eat Out". The site isn't up yet, but should be shortly. You will have the chance to tell Chili's why you don't want to cook tonight (don't get me started!) in a 10 second to 30 second video and you could be entered to win a gift card to Chili's. Pretty neat! So, start thinking of something and have fun with it. I would love to hear about some of my readers snagging a free dinner out. They will be randomly selecting a daily winner, so your odds are pretty good. Stay tuned! I will update you when the contest site is up. Good luck!
For more information about their menu, nutritional information or locations near you check out their website.

You can also check Chili's out on Twitter and Facebook.

I received a $50 GC from the Chili's Grill & Bar marketing team to try the new Chili's freshly prepared menu items. I was not compensated for writing this review and all opinions are my own.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!