Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Toddler Tuesdays - Dress up


Hi, my name is Andrea and I have a toddler. Yes, there should be a support group for us. Some days I could really use it. Toddlers are endearing as well as frustrating little people. My son can make me smile as he kisses his sister, and then turn around and hit her with a toy. Ugh. But, I love the fact that his imagination is just taking off. He creativity is growing exponentially.

When you are wondering what else to do with your toddler, don't forget to give them the opportunity to dress up. Yes, this is my son. We affectionately refer to this as his princess moment. He was so excited to get all dressed up. I brought these items home from my DH's office Christmas party. Do I worry about him? No. I love giving him a chance to play around with looks. I definitely prefer this to the underwear on the head complete with cape. We all do it... boys and girls alike. There is a need in every child to pretend and explore the adult world (or make believe word) by dressing up.

I am currently working on a dress up box. Right now it has a little bit of everything. The best part is this can be as inexpensive as I want it to be. I can add pieces second hand, from yard sales or look around after Halloween for sale items. Old glasses can have the lenses removed and other items can be cleaned or fixed. Recently I made a tutu for my daughter and next I would love to make her a pair of fairy wings. For my son I would love to make him a cape with a lightening bolt across the back. As I add items I look forward to seeing how he uses them. They are often far more interesting than I would have imagined.

So, what items do you have in your dress up box? And what would you like to add?
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. When my boys were little they loved to play dress up especially in my clothes,lol.
    Your little one is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! Thanks for taking part in Toddler Tuesday! I want to start putting together a dress up box for my daughter as well. I made her a tutu and she loved it. If you figure out how to make fairy wings I'd love to see a tutorial on it! Maybe another great Toddler Tuesday idea :)

    -Sarah
    www.minnesotamamasmusthaves.com

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!