Saturday, April 24, 2010

Dirt Under My Fingernails

Today started off with a wonderful surprise! We were all set to clean out our apartment. It is the final loose end in our move. When my MIL called to drop off 6 lovely blueberry plants. Yum! I even have the perfect spot all set out to put them. So it looks like tomorrow I will be up to my elbows in manure and dirt. I don't think I would want it any other way.

So, that means we have the 2 grape plants, 3 rhubarb and I planted a clump of cilantro today. Tomorrow I would love to amend the soil and get some chives, 3 tomato plants and a few other various herbs into the ground. I think this means we need to take a quick trip to get mulch & peat moss... maybe some bone meal for the tomato plants.

My seeds are starting to sprout and it is really exciting!!! I was shocked to see how fast the sunflowers (mainly for looks) sprouted. Nothing yet from the artichoke or eggplant seeds, but they still have some time.

I need to wait until Oregon is a little warmer before I take the basil and lettuce out to the garden. I can't wait!

So, what are you planting? Do you start you own seeds or buy plants?
Pin It