We have been eating very well this past week! I have to say that it has all been thanks to Jane Doiron and her cookbook, Make-Ahead Meals For Busy Moms!
I am a busy mom of 2, and usually I do meal planning a week in advance. Unfortunately, life happens and I must scramble to throw a delicious and nutritious meal on the table. Whew! I make most things from scratch so having a little help out in the deep freeze for those hectic evenings is appreciated. Jane's book comes to the rescue there.
I was given this book as a Christmas present and recently have come to appreciate it's wealth of recipes. So, when Jane agreed to let me host a giveaway for you, lovely readers, I jumped at the chance. I made several selections from her book so I could offer you a fair review. That was a delicious endeavor! This week we made the Blueberry Bread (see photo), Mini Cheesecakes (my son is rolling graham crackers), Snickerdoodles (my son mixing at the top), and the Chicken and Spinach Tortellini Soup. Yum!
I loved the wide variety of recipes in the book and how easy they were to follow. With 140 fabulous recipes from appetizers to the main dishes, Jane has you covered. Depending on the dish, some can be prepared ahead of time and others have instructions for freezing. I enjoy having the cheesecakes and cookie dough on hand in my freezer.
I also enlisted my son to help with the review. Busy Moms know that recipes that are easy enough for kids to help with are always winners. My son is 2 1/2 and really enjoyed his time in the kitchen with me.
Everything we made tasted great! I especially loved the fast and delicious soup. That was dinner and then lunches for several days. I am also happy to say that everything I tried I want to make again in the future. I also have plans for that cookbook ... so many more great sounding recipes to try.
Be sure to check out Jane's blog and subscribe for even more great make-ahead recipes!
Buy It: You can purchase Jane Doiron's Make-Ahead Meals For Busy Moms on Amazon and Barnes and Noble for $16.15. This would be a fabulous Mother's Day gift if you are needing a good suggestion.
- Mandatory Entry Follow my blog (via Google Friend Connect) & Jane's blog
For extra entries, do any or all of the following and leave a comment letting me know after you do the mandatory entry mentioned above:
- Visit the Make-Ahead Meals blog & find a recipe you would like to try (1 entry)
- Follow Jane Doiron on Facebook (1 entry)
- Follow @janedoiron on twitter (1 entry)
- Grab Jane's button for your blog (1 entry)
- Subscribe to my RSS feed (1 entry)
- Blog about this giveaway with a link to my site (4 entries)
- Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. (2x per day at least 2 hrs apart) Feel free to use: " Win a copy of Make Ahead Meal for Busy Moms @notimeMom http://bit.ly/9IMlvV :: ends 4/3 #giveaway Pls RT!" Please include the URL (1 entry per tweet)
- Comment on any post her on this blog. Just let me know where you commented (1 entry per comment, 5 entries max.)
- Enter any other giveaway on this blog. I have several to be posted over the next 2 weeks. (1 entry each)
Open to the US and Canada. Please leave a separate comment for each entry to get full credit. Giveaway ends on May 3rd at 11:59 pm PST. A winner will be chosen on the 4th via Random.org. and will be emailed. They will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen. The gift card will come electronically via amazon.
Disclaimer: I did not receive any compensation for this giveaway.