Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Toddler Tuesdays - Cooking!



At my son's first birthday, his Mimi got him his play kitchen. I wanted him to be able to mimic what I was doing in the kitchen.


Just through observing he has picked up on several safety tips. Hot pads are required for all sorts of projects in his kitchen.
Cooking with a toddler can be, well, a big mess. But, it can also be fun and educational at the same time. But armed with a simple recipe it can be wonderful.



Our favorite recipe to make together is banana bread. Very simple and really delicious. Found out of the Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook it isn't fancy. It gives my son the chance to learn how to mash, measure and mix (his favorite part). I have to admit, he is actually getting rather good at making it. What do you like to make with your toddler?
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. We love to make rainbow colored muffins and cookies. Last night we made a peach cobbler together. She always asks to help me :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. aawww. so cute! I need to get my daughter more involved in my baking. I just think im a little to picky as to how everything has to be. hmmmm... something to work on.
    -Misty

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great way for kids to get exposed to cooking early. My two boys wanted a play kitchen one christmas... We JUST got rid of it after three years. They bake cookies with me from scratch...they both want to open their own bakery when they grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the cutest kitchen ever!! :)

    Better late than never! :) Following from Friday Follow. I hope you follow us back and return the favor!! :)

    http://theartsymom.tk

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter LOVES to cook with mommy! One of her favorites is crushing corn flakes for breading!

    Thanks for linking up to Toddler Tuesday!

    -Sarah
    www.minnesotamamasmusthaves.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures! I especially LOVE the last one of your son :) My kiddos love their kitchen too and mine too LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!