Friday, May 28, 2010

Aloha Friday - #16

Aloha Everyone! In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend. Can you believe we made it to Friday? We survived the week, so to celebrate let's sit back and relax. No heavy mental lifting today... just one simple little question...

Do You Make a Special Treat for Memorial Day?

Farming is in full swing, and this weekend is supposed to be the nicest we have had for quite a while, so we are staying close to home. I decided today will be my big cooking and baking day. I am hoping to get my BBQ baked chicken, Hawaiian style mac salad & Hasselback potatoes made. Then we can eat on these over the weekend. As for my sweet tooth? Well, I was going to make Rice Krispie treats & Like Hostess Cupcakes... but, my wandering eye found a really yummy looking brownie recipe last night as well as a Home made Twix! Oh, be still my heart!

Okay, enough about me... What about you? I love to hear what you are fixing.

If you are looking for more Aloha Friday fun, go to An Island Life and check out the other posts on the Linky. Have a great weekend!

Pin It

14 comments:

  1. No, I don't but i may think about that this year??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea, quick question where id the name of your potatoes come from (Hasselback)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tatum, good question! This Swedish dish takes its name from Hasselbacken, the Stockholm restaurant
    where it was first served.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to check them Hassleback potatoes out! My step mother is from Sweden and she cooks quite alot! I thought I had almost tried every Swedish dish there was! :)
    We don't cook anything special on Memorial Day weekend. We usually barbecue something! We have no plans of cooking right now!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we dont have memorial day in the philippines, but i'd love to read what you'll be doing :)

    i have an award for you :)

    http://go2thekitchen.blogspot.com/2010/05/recieving-award-on-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just grill hamburgers, hot dogs and maybe Chicken.

    Happy Weekend!

    http://grammyjanetsplace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you consider bar-b-que a treat then yep.
    Have a great day!

    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/05/how-to-you-make-friends-online/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never in years past but I am planning on making some kind of cake this year. I just have to find something good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No we usually just throw whatever we have in the freezer and fridge on the grill.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nope, I never have.
    www.thesocialfrog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Popping in from NFF...

    Hubby and I decided to make cold pasta salad, fish tacos, and sweet tea. Perfect for a holiday weekend and beautiful weather!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohhh....everything sounds delicious.

    not planning on making anything special.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We don't, aren't we awfully boring ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. No special dish, but looking forward to cooking my noodles and making my mac salad! :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!