Friday, May 14, 2010

Do You Know One eskimO? Debut Album & Tour Review

I have rather eclectic taste in music. I grew up with my Dad playing classic rock and 80's pop cranked up every Sunday morning. I still swoon for a good Sting song! Now with two kids I tend to listen to a lot of The Wiggles and occasionally in the evenings ...past the kiddos bedtime... I crank up my iPod with some Dave Mathews or Gwen Stefani, but that "me time" is few and far between these days. I do love music, I am just...well, a Mom and terribly out of the loop with current music.

So, I am really excited to share a the group One eskimO with you. I was picked to review their self-titled debut album and am really enjoying it. This Indie-Rock group from the UK has a great beat, catchy songs and will be my newest night time indulgence. Currently I am enjoying "Simple Day"... because being a SAHM most days really are just simple days. Hasn't everyone had those days? I also love the beauty of Chosen One.

Billboard Magazine calls One eskimO's self-titled debut album "...catchy, ambient pop." and Los Angeles Times Magazine hails the song "Kandi" a beautiful, aspirational track.

So, who are One eskimO? They are a critically-acclaimed English band fronted by singer-songwriter Kristian Leontiou & includes musicians Pete Rinaldi (guitar), Jamie Sefton (bass, horns) and Adam Falkner (drums).


You can find their CD in Target, Best Buy, Barnes & Noble & Borders on shelves now.

Maybe you saw this group on the Ellen show, March 17th? Take a peak at their performance. You can also visit their official website to get your band fix, or enter their Mackie Mixer Giveaway (they also have some albums they are giving away!). See their hottest hit, Kandi , which is has been the most played son on all adult rock radio for the past four weeks. I love the animation playing on the band as they perform.

So what do you think? If this is their debut, I can't wait to see where they will go next! I am enjoying my CD so much, I will have to download it onto my IPod so I can take it with me. Have you heard this group? I would love to hear your thoughts and reactions to the links or any other songs of theirs you have seen.



Today, May 14th, kicks off their US tour:
Tour Dates
May 14 Miami, FL Fillmore
May 15 Jacksonville, FL Free Bird Live
May 18 Orlando, FL House of Blues
May 19 Tampa, FL The Ritz Ybor
May 22 Raleigh, NC Lincoln Theatre
May 24 Asheville, NC The Orange Peel
May 25 Charleston, SC The Music Farm
Jun 01 Toronto, ON The Guvernment
Jun 03 New York, NY The Beach at Governor’s Island
Jun 04 Boston, MA House of Blues
Jun 05 Essex Junction, VT Camplain Valley Expo
Jun 06 Hunter, NY Mountain Jam Festival
Jun 08 Royal Oak, MI Royal Oak Music Thtr
Jun 09 Grand Rapids, MI Orbit Room
Jun 12 Memphis, TN Minglewood Hall
Jun 13 Kansas City, MO Crossroads
Aug 14 Denver, CO Mile High Festival


I want to thank the One2One Network for sending me a CD to review and including me in this review project.


*Disclaimer I was not compensated monetarily for my review. I received a CD so I could write a fair and honest review, and am entered to win a gift card. All opinions are my own.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!