Tuesday, May 18, 2010

May - National Foster Care Month

I can't believe that May is more than half way over and I wanted to make sure that you knew it was National Foster Care Month here in the US. Each May, National Foster Care Month provides an opportunity to shine a light on the thousands of children and youth in the U.S. foster care system. The National Adoption Campaign in partnership with the Children’s Bureau, AdoptUsKids, and the Ad Council raises awareness about the urgent needs of these young people and encourages citizens from every walk of life to get involved.

I have so much respect for the families that are a part of the foster care system. If just less than 1% of the population participated, every child would have a home. More than 463,000 children are currently in foster care and 123,000 children are waiting to be adopted. Fostering a child can bring so much joy and purpose to your life, as well as help out a deserving child.

Children in foster care are loving children. They are children like Shaquane and Edlina and Albert. Every child deserves to have a home with caring and supportive parents.

You can learn more about fostering & adoption at www.adoptuskids.org .You can also join the online communities on Facebook and Twitter.


Check out the video - Children In Foster Care
or watch the entire film to learn more.
For ways you can get involved visit http://adoptuskids.org/content.aspx?q=National-Foster-Care-Month

Also join us on twitter May 27 at 2 p.m. EST for an #AdoptUsKids one hour chat to get the message out about National Foster Care Month.

* I posted this on the behalf of Global Influence with my own opinions because I believe in this great cause.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!