Monday, May 24, 2010

Meal Plan Monday - 5/24

Welcome to another great Meal Plan Monday. This week will be really simple. I have a ton of cleaning to tackle.

Here is last week's recap. I enjoyed that delicious Cod. We had it frenched with a bit of lemon. The Lamb Stroganoff was also a hit... then I hit a rather bad patch as my pie crust for last week's quiche had nasty cracks in it. Ugh... I was trying to make it in a hurry with two crying kiddos. Lesson learned. Always work on my crusts ahead of time and then refrigerate or freeze. Luckily I sprayed my pie plate and the egg that seeped through still came off easily. My DH said that it tasted even better than the first. So, I have decided that my pie crust making skills need some practice. So stay tuned for a slew of pie recipes for practice. Then my breakfast cups were a disaster. I used to make these in Japan all the time. I am pretty sure I know what went wrong, but I am going to try it out again before I post. Just a little sacrifice for my readers.

So what is on tap this week?

Monday: Dinner - Collard Greens, Butternut Squash Risotto, Apple Sauce, Cherry Pie
Tuesday: Dinner - Pasta Puttanesca, Bread Sticks
* home made pasta
* home made bread sticks
Wednesday: Dinner - BBQ Chicken, Macaroni Salad, German Potato Salad
Thursday: Dinner - Sweet Potato Medallions, Wild Rice, Steamed Brussel Sprouts
Friday: Dinner - Mid Eastern Garlic Chicken, Couscous & Salad
Saturday: Dinner - Twice Baked Potatoes, &...?
Sunday: Breakfast - Popover Pancakes with Strawberries
Dinner - Sunday Family Dinner

Whew! That is a little ambitious, but I think I can handle it. I also hope to get some bread made & some other sweet treats. I had wanted to make a Millionaire Pie, but was shocked that our grocery stores don't carry pineapple jell-o anymore. Yikes. I have wondered if I could make a substitution for orange jell-o & mandarin orange pieces. We shall see..

This is would be my ideal meal plan for the week... but, who knows were life will take us. I might need to make some changes if an urge hits me or just out of sheer laziness...
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Your meal plan sounds great! I really need to make one for this week and the next two weeks...

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!