Friday, May 7, 2010

PKU Cooking


I love baking and hope to pass on that love to my kiddos. My toddler is curious in the kitchen and I am really trying to cultivate that interest. Both of my kids have Phenylketonuria, or PKU, so they have a very restricted diet. Their food either needs to be made from scratch or is a medical food we need to special order. Today I asked my son to help me with muffins. We made Maddy's Home style Blueberry Muffins, a low protein medical food.


Check out the adorable whisk. It is part of a set from Curious Chef, which I love. So nice for my son to have his own baking utensils. This mix is pretty simple to make. Mix plus water and oil. Even a 2 year old could handle it!


Ah, this would be the tricky part. Do I let him learn how to do it himself? Or keep things clean? Okay, I threw caution to the wind and armed with a damp towel I let him have at it.


...and now for the finished product. He had a hard time waiting, so I let him blow on the warm muffin himself. Mmmm... doesn't everyone love blueberry muffins?

*Disclaimer - I was not compensated in any way for this post. We regularly buy these products for diet therapy and I wanted to share.
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. My daughter is 2 and she loves to help me bake. Looks like he had fun helping with the blueberry muffins. My favorite muffins too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He did such a great job! I can practically smell the goodness from here! ;)

    Happy Mother's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this website from my pal who told me concerning this site and now this time I am visiting this web page and
    reading very informative content at this place.

    Here is my website crash diets that work

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!