Friday, June 11, 2010

Aloha Friday - #18

Aloha Everyone! In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend. Can you believe we made it to Friday? We survived the week, so to celebrate let's sit back and relax. No heavy mental lifting today... just one simple little question...

How do you enjoy strawberries?
Inspire me! I need to get creative with my berries this year.

I have a lot lined up, but other than making strawberry icecream (which I don't doubt will be fabulous!) everything else is what I tend to make every year. I am looking for some new inspiration. I make shortcake, strawberry/rhubarb bars, jam, fruit leather, popsicles, and diner style pie. What did I leave out?

If you are looking for more Aloha Friday fun, go to An Island Life and check out the other posts on the Linky. Have a great weekend!

Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Strawberry Brunch Souffle!
    http://thelocalcook.com/2010/06/08/strawberry-brunch-souffle/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't get to enjoy strawberries in my house much. Having a child deathly allergic to them (even touching them) they are banned from the house. SO the only time we get to enjoy them is when we are out and about so normally they are just fresh strawberries. However I do love a good strawberry dipped in chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate covered strawberries! And I've been wanting to make strawberry wine. :)

    Aloha Friday Follow: Bread Storage

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom used to make this great strawberry pie after we'd gone strawberry picking and eaten our fill of the fresh ones. It was just a ready pie crust, frozen whole strawberries arranged points up in the crust and then that Sure Jell pectic stuff used to make jam mixed with berries and sugar according to package directions. She'd pour that over the berries in the crust and then freeze. On the day we decided to have pie she'd let it thaw for about 15 min or so, slice and then top with whipped cream. It was so delicious and refreshing in summer. yum!

    Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like mine just plain or with Strawberry Shortcake! Yum! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL That's too funny! Got a bit of a sore throat & I was just eating some cold strawberries. Feels good on my throat. I just eat them plain or in with smoothies! mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like to slice them up and have them with oatmeal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The kids love strawberries & eats them with a dab of sugar. My grandma is the strawberry queen & my favorite was jam on warm homemade bread.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shortcake! Check out this recipe for Strawberry Rhubarb Turnovers (I know you like Rhubarb!) http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy-fieri/strawberry-rhubarb-turnovers-recipe/index.html

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!