Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sarah McLachlan is Back!

I feel so fortunate to have been given the opportunity by the One2One Network & Sarah McLachlan Project to preview the upcoming release by Sarah McLachlan, Laws of Illusions available in stores June 15th.

Are you a fan? I am. Sara McLachlan has such a beautiful and haunting voice. I have listened to her emotional ballads on more than one occasion for a good cry. I also have to admit that she would be my first choice for a good old fashioned shower sing-along. I first started listening to her in high school and you can find them on my IPod today.

I was sent 4 of the upcoming songs to preview and I have been playing them all evening. This is Sara's first studio album in 7 years and she is still on top! I will be curious to see what the buzz is around the blogisphere as others get a listen. I will have to enjoy these until I can get a copy of the full album. I promise to let you all know about it when it comes. I can't wait!

I was sent the songs; Illusions of Bliss, Loving You is Easy, Forgiveness & Heartbreak. I think Forgiveness reminded me the most of some of my classic favorites such as Angel & Building a Mystery. I just love how her ballads evoke such strong emotions. I found Loving You is Easy (the album's first single) to be upbeat and catchy. I am sure this song will be a new favorite of mine, too. What can I say, I enjoyed them all.

So, if you are a Sarah McLachlan fan, and even if you aren't you will want to check out Laws of Illusion later this month. Check it out in stores or on ITunes June 15th. Stay tuned for another review when my CD arrives. I can't wait.

If you want a taste, Sarah will be hosting a listening party on her Facebook page beginning June 7th at 10 am, so be sure to "like" her on Facebook and get your own advanced listen to the new album.

*Disclaimer: I received 4 songs for download to write a fair & informed review. No monetary compensation took place. All opinions expressed are my own.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. i am a huge fan and debating about getting lilith fair tix. my favorite song is silence not even on one of her albums but originally on a delirium album and remixed by a lot of people. it defines me and I even named my business after it. can't wait to hear the new stuff.

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!