Thursday, July 1, 2010

Aloha Friday - #20

Aloha Everyone! In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend. Can you believe we made it to Friday? We survived the week, so to celebrate let's sit back and relax. No heavy mental lifting today... just one simple little question...

How will you celebrate the 4th of July?
no worries if you aren't an American...I bet you have weekend plans to share, too!

We will be camping. But not in the usual way. See we have little kids and so do our friends, so the thought of camping out in the middle of nowhere causes me to break out into a cold sweat. Instead we will be going to a friends' house for a little inflatable water slide fun followed by roasting marshmallows and a little backyard camping. Kinda like camping with a safety net... and full bathroom facilities just a few steps away. I am making home made marshmallows to share plus some special foods for my kids that are PKU friendly.

So what will you be doing this weekend? Any fabulous plans? Any traditions?

If you are looking for more Aloha Friday fun, go to An Island Life and check out the other posts on the Linky. Have a great weekend!


Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Heading to a friend's house for BBQ. Have an ice cream cake to bring. Still not sure if we will go to fireworks or not - depends on the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BBQ pool party!

    Happy Aloha Friday
    http://www.5150mommy.com/2010/07/aloha-friday-32.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. BBQ and watch the fireworks on the tele! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to spend the day visiting my Nan and then booking a holiday with my Mum and sister. Enjoy your weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Aloha Friday! :) I'm your newest follower. We haven't picked our plans for Sunday yet; it will just depend on the weather and what everyone has going on. Definitely some grilling!

    Please feel free to stop by and answer my question; I'm also hosting my very first giveaway, so if you get a chance to enter, I'd really appreciate it!
    http://502shoppingforsavings.blogspot.com/2010/06/csn-stores-giveaway.html

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!