Thursday, July 8, 2010

Aloha Friday - #21

Aloha Everyone! In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend. Can you believe we made it to Friday? We survived the week, so to celebrate let's sit back and relax. No heavy mental lifting today... just one simple little question...

How do you stay cool in the Summer?
The heat has finally found the Pacific Northwest. And, whew! Did we get smacked in the face!

My cool down tactic of choice is shaved ice. Though, if crushed was put in the middle of a crowded room, I would knock some people down to get to it. Any red flavor usually will do. But to really blow my knickers up, offer me a greet tea snow cone with just a touch of condensed milk. Oh, heaven!

So, what about you? What keeps you cool during the hot and sticky days of Summer? Help me to get salvating...

If you are looking for more Aloha Friday fun, go to An Island Life and check out the other posts on the Linky. Have a great weekend!


Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Stay inside as much as possible. If we go biking we usually go to a trail that is pretty shaded. If we go boating, we usually cruise so the wind keeps us cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Caramel chocholate drumsticks, popsicals, and lots of cold water.

    Oh, yeah...and this....

    http://texifornia.blogspot.com/2010/06/watery-wordless-wednessday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here in Ohio we have weather that is hot one day & cool the next. But when it's hot we stay inside or go swimming. We also like some popsicles..
    http://tatumsreviews.blogspot.com/2010/07/aloha-friday-july-9th.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're typically inside once the heat of the day really strikes cause even in the mts of southern Az it's pretty hot. During the am & pm though you'll find us in the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. popsicles , laying in the pool and ice tea all day long:)
    Happy Friday and here's my Aloha!
    Also for more blog-handy tips check Technical Support where you can find everything about centering sidebars, no titles widgets, hiding the navigation bar and everything technical related for your blog and more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. by staying inside! lol... good old ac for me

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cold, cold water! I can't get enough of it! I love slurpees as well! Stay cool! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We stay inside as much as possible! And now I've bought a little water geyser for the kids which we'll be using as soon as it stops raining so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of ice water and air conditioning! When I was young we used to set up the sprinkler and run through it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love shaved ice!
    Come follow me back. I am your newest follower.
    Happy Aloha!
    Frenchy

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!