Friday, July 9, 2010

Awe... You Shouldn't Have!

Ah, Food Floozie you crack me up! Have you guys seen her blog? Food Floozie, a.k.a. Yenta Mary, just kindly bestowed on me an award... which award? Well, she left the choice up to the recipients. The list has a few award choices and I have to admit though the Plastic Joy award is tempting... but, this is strictly a family blog. (in a past life...)

But, let's get back to what we are here for, shall we? Yeah, I feel like making a tiny speech. I would like to thank our dear Food Floozie for the Versatile Blogger Award ... don't I do a bit of everything? Well, I honestly have to say that I love seeing Yenta Mary's comments and she is so good about commenting. Bloggers are a little like crazy people. We talk and talk to no one. Well, until we get a comment back and then it all seems to make sense. So, thanks for the sanity. Take a peak at her blog. A fellow food lover with a great wit and quirky writing style. She also has a post "Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie is essential for warm weather happiness"(at annharbor.com) so what is there not to love about her? Yeah, I love my rhubarb!



Okay, so the award...

So, I am to share 7 things with all of you...

1. I am afraid of the dark and closet doors left open at night. I know, I am an adult, but I prefer them all closed. Thank you.

2. I struggle to stay awake till 10 pm, and then by 11 I can't get myself to bed. That is why blogging at night works well for me.

3. I must sleep with my foot outside of the covers. Not an arm, and not my torso... just a foot. Otherwise I get too hot.

4. To eat a Reeses Peanut Butter cup I eat around the outside first, then I peel off the layers of chocolate and eat the peanut butter in one big chuck. Needless to say, I eat these alone.

5. I adore Meringue Pies! I have never made one and haven't eaten one for years since I stayed away while I was pregnant or nursing. I hope I still like them...

6. I don't drive, and never have. Most places I lived had public transit. Now it is becoming a fear of mine to drive with my kids. I have had a smattering of lessons from various people, but never the chance to get my license.

7. My biggest achievement? (besides my 2 kiddos!) Would have to be traveling all over Asia alone in my mid twenties. 6 countries and so many great memories.

And now pass this award onto 15 other fabulous bloggers you recently discovered. Be sure to let them know. Okay guys, so here you are.

Arizona Mama

Between the Lines

Finding Joy in My Kitchen

The Frugal Girl

Goodie Goodie Gumdrops

Granola Mom 4 God

Happily Southern

The Jackson Five Family

Life is a Sandcastle

Mama Dweeb

Mama's Getting Kinda Crunchy

The Mommy Times

Tales of the Toot

Tatum's Family Reviews


I will be working through linking and notifying all the blog owners. Though, since this is my first day back in the saddle since being sick, I will generously give myself the weekend to get that accomplished.
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I knew we were buddies for a reason (or 2 or 3!) -- I'm with ya on #s 2, 4 and 5, as well as the rhubarb! #6 -- I didn't get my license 'til I was 24 and had no choice in the matter, and I was terrified of driving with Jeremy when he was a baby. I'm glad you picked the Versatile Blogger, 'cause it's definitely appropriate. I was starting to wonder about all those folks going after the Barbie and Ken dolls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the award and I'm glad you are feeling better! :) We are a lot alike. I could have written 2 - 6!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for passing this award on to me -- you are too sweet. Congratulations on your receipt of it as well.

    I thought I was the only one who struggled to make it to 10 ;-) Glad to know I'm not!

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!