Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Co Sleeping... Over already?

Oddly enough I just posted about our co-sleeping dilemma. Not with my son the toddler, but with my little girl. I also recently commented on another blogger's co sleeping post (Dirty Diaper Laundry). I am proud that we practice attachment parenting and have enjoyed all those special moments snuggling with my oldest. In hindsight, I wouldn't change a thing about it.

Sadly, I think last night was the beginning of the end of our co sleeping. I should feel happy... or proud to see him become more independent, but honestly I am feeling loss. When did my little boy grow up? I will miss our morning hugs and, "I love you Mama!"

Last night we tried an experiment. We don't have a toddler bed yet, but we moved my son's mattress down on the floor next to our bed. My DH set him all up with his pony pillow & McQueen sleeping bag. He was very proud of his new bed and settled down easily. He slept like a log all night. I guess that proves he was ready for his own space.

Good for us, great for him. Also pretty fabulous for our previous co sleeping headache. Our bed just got a little bigger and now I have the room to work on little girl's sleeping habits. So why am I feeling so sad?

It all seems to be happening so fast! I still remember finding out I was pregnant for the first time. I was in such a hurry to have that baby and get to know him. Now I wish I could go back and relive some of these special moments. We decided to stop at two. As a mom I only have two hands, right? There are only two parents and one on one are pretty good odds, right? I have been having a twinge. Oddly enough, this was the same time I had baby fever last time. When my son turned a year old I knew I wanted another baby. So, when do you know your family is finished?

I would love to hear from other parents out there. How did you know? A set number? Or a feeling? This mama has gotta know...
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Aw, it's so bittersweet when they start growing up and becoming more independent.

    I always figured I would just know when our family was complete. Sadly, I have no idea if that's how it really works. After my second miscarriage, I knew I could bear to chance going through another one, so my hubby got the big V. Sometimes I have the I wish I had just one more thoughts, but I am happy with the 3 we have :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!