Friday, August 13, 2010

Aloha Friday - #26

Aloha Everyone! In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend. Can you believe it is already Friday? We survived the week, so to celebrate! Let's sit back, relax and enjoy a little blog hop. No heavy mental lifting today... just one simple little question...

When Do You Start Thinking About Halloween Costumes?


So, I am notorious for waiting till the last minute. Case in point would be my daughter's b-day, which is just 2 short weeks away. I am busily working on a banner for her and inviting guests. Nothing big, but I haven't even picked a dinner menu for family!

Trying to break out of that rut I already decided on costumes for my kiddos. As I started asking around I realized most of my friends were already working on theirs. I guess my dream to make costumes from scratch will be put off till next year. I am going for comfort for the kids so I have one super hero son and a cute as a button witch patterned dress for the baby.

Okay, when do all you "have-it-together" Moms start planning out your costumes? I am very slow at sewing (and easily distracted) so I guess I should allow a good couple of months to get it all right. Any thoughts?

If you are looking for more Aloha Friday fun, go to An Island Life and check out the other posts on the Linky. Have a great weekend!

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. My kids are a but old for that now but, if you want a store bought one that is special, you should start early.

    Have a great Friday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/08/when-is-it-time-to-move-on/

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I was talented enough to make her costume, I would be planning & starting now :) But since I buy mine from a store, I'll probably buy mine in early October, and let her pick who she wants to dress up as. if I have to order online, I'll start a little earlier to make sure it gets here in time.I love Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids start picking out what they want the year before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will be my second Halloween, so I haven't had to think too much about it yet. I think last year we didn't really think about it until we were invited to a Halloween party, so like late September. We bought a store bought costume and embellished it, my husband works for the Forest Service so we bought a teddy bear costume then got some big jeans, and a Smokey the Bear Hat to make him into Smokey. You can add a creative touch to make a costume more personal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As an adult I think about it in September, we talk about dressing up and thats as far as it goes. We dont have kids yet.

    www.thesocialfrog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. ACTUALLY, I AM TRYING TO THINK NOW!

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!