Friday, August 20, 2010

Aloha Friday - #27

Aloha Everyone! In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend.Friday used to be my friend, but today it signals the end of another week... that went by too quickly! But, I survived the week, so to celebrate! Let's sit back, relax and enjoy a little blog hop. No heavy mental lifting today... just one simple little question...

How Elaborate Should Goodie Bags Be For Birthday Party?

When I was a child, the fun of going to a birthday party was eating cake and playing games. I don't remember taking anything home with me. Now trends have changed and everywhere I turn there are instructions for what to put in a goodie bag for the young guests to take home. I guess I am torn. As a busy Mom, already tripping over clutter in our home, I don't want any more small trinkets for the kids. Dime Store style toys either brake easily or have small parts that pose a choking hazard for my youngest. Usually I throw them away when the kids aren't looking.

So that leaves me with the upcoming birthday party for my little girl. I am thinking of just giving away two toys for each guest. The guests will all be older than the birthday girl, but I still don't want their moms packing home a gob of junk. I have felt fortune cookies for each child to choose and take home... and a Zhu Zhu Pet as part of a home party promotion. Is this enough?

What do you expect from a party, or furnish in your goodie bags? Toys? Trinkets? Candy? I would love to hear what the consensus is.

If you are looking for more Aloha Friday fun, go to An Island Life and check out the other posts on the Linky. Have a great weekend!

Pin It