Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Five Lessons Every Kid Should Learn

I have many hopes and dreams for my two children. Lessons I wish I could stress to them now, so they don't have to learn them later on in life. TwitterMoms & Nanny McPhee Returns (the movie) bring us a topic to get us started thinking about what is important for our kids to learn. Here are the secrets I would like my children to know...

#1. Never loose your child-like innocence.

It is such a beautiful thing. My son still gets excited to see construction machines on the road, or to play in a mud puddle.


#2. Play well with others and share your toys.

...even with your pesky little sister...


#3. Take full advantage of naps.


The world would be a better place if no one was cranky!


#4. Enjoy the simple things in life.

Enjoy the simple feeling of mud between your toes, take advantage of a sprinkler in the yard, or berries growing in your yard. Savor everything.

#5 Be Yourself!

Disclaimer: I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Nanny McPhee Returns blogging program, making me eligible to get a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Those photos -- particularly the first one -- are absolutely priceless!

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!