I was really exited to try out Tropical Traditions Powdered Laundry Detergent on my DH's dirty grimy work clothes. I am not sure there is a better test for it! Along with the dirt, there is grease from working on equipment and probably a bit of fertilizer and ... who knows?
So, let's jump right in... here are 3 pairs of pants as I got them from the hamper. They smell like gasoline and dirt. Yum.
And the after? Well, after a nice long soak in hot water and the detergent, then a warm wash this is the result.
Impressive, isn't it? Worried there are still stains? These are not new pants, mind you. These are worked in and worn pants. I am just impressed. And the smell was far better than gasoline.
Over the past 2 weeks I have used this detergent on our regular clothes as well as my cloth diaper stash and have been happy with how well it worked. I enjoy that it washes clean, does not irritate our skin and does not leave a fragrance residue. Because both my DH and son are very sensitive, we are a fragrance free household. It also Powdered Laundry Detergent contains no dyes, perfumes, fillers or phosphates. Just cleaning power!
I have enjoyed working with this company in the past. Do you remember the Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil I reviewed? Or the Coconut Peanut Butter? I was impressed with both products and still recommend them to friends and readers alike. If you want to learn more about their coconut products you can watch, “How We Discovered Virgin Coconut Oil - An Interview with Brian Shilhavy, CEO Tropical Traditions” http://www.youtube.com/watch?
Would you like to try this detergent out for yourself? Of course. Be sure to check them out on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/
- Mandatory Entry Subscribe by email via Feedburner (right hand side)
For extra entries, do any or all of the following and leave a comment letting me know after you do the mandatory entry mentioned above:
- Follow my Blog via Google Friend Connect (1 entry)
- Subscribe to Tropical Traditions' Sales Newsletter (1 entry)
- Follow Tropical Traditions on twitter (@Troptraditions) (1 entry)
- Blog about this giveaway with a link to my site (5 entries)
- Enter any other current giveaway (1 entry each)
- Enter this on a Giveaway Linky & leave a link (5 entries for each Linky!)
- Follow me on Twitter (@notimeMom) & tweet about this giveaway. (3x per day at least 2 hrs apart) Feel free to use: " Win @Troptraditions Powdered Laundry Detergent @notimeMom http://bit.ly/9azb7K :: ends 9/7 #giveaway Pls RT!" Please include the URL (1 entry per tweet)
- Is there another product you would like to try? (Tropical Traditions)
- Comment on any of my other blog posts. Just let me know where you commented (1 entry per comment, 5 entries max.)
Open to the US and Canada. Please leave a separate comment for each entry to get full credit. Giveaway ends on September 7th at 11:59 pm PST. A winner will be chosen on the 8th via Random.org. and will be emailed. They will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen.
*Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.