Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Princess!

Zoom! This first year raced by with so many fabulous moments jam-packed in there. I can't believe how completely I fell in love with my baby girl. Seems like she has always been part of our family and I barely remember a time without her. Haven't I always been carrying her around with me? To her I would like to say,



I dreamed of you before you were born. I wished, hoped and prayed for a little girl to share a part of me with. I would have loved you just as much if you had been born a boy, but I hoped for that connection a Mother can only have with her little girl. We worked pretty well together for those first 9 months... but I was dying to meet you!



You are hope and optimism packaged up in a smile that can melt me, and eyes that are so hungry to learn more about the world. I look forward to your open arms and the way you scrunch up your nose. You have almost grown out of your signature snort, but not completely. I hope you never loose it forever. It makes you unique. You have a determination that is both adorable and baffling. But I hope I can encourage you in all things you are interested in. (Even if it means biting off more than you can chew!)



Thank you for completing our family... and evening out the sides. Girls have to stick together. Thank you for melting your Daddy's heart and proving that girly girls can still look cute smeared with berries!

I see all the best in you. You have my Mother's eyes, my curls and your Daddy's gentle heart. Thank goodness you already dance better than your Daddy. I hope you have rhythm, voice and purpose. I have so many dreams for you, but I am sure you will constantly keep me guessing. I just can't wait to see what this coming year has in store for us.

I love you little girl. Have a fabulous first birthday and many more to come!
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your super cute munchkin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Happy 1st Birthday it goes so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, how adorable! Happy Birthday to her!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to the cute little one. I like the first photo very much. Look so cool in dark glasses and the second photo she is really so adorable, if only I could cuddle her, I can't resist an adorable baby when I see one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Give her birthday hugs and kisses from us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to beautiful daughter!

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!