Thursday, September 23, 2010

Aloha Friday - #32

Aloha Everyone! In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend.Friday used to be my friend, but today it signals the end of another week... that went by too quickly! But, I survived the week, so to celebrate! Let's sit back, relax and enjoy a little blog hop. No heavy mental lifting today... just one simple little question...


What is Your Favorite Fall Dessert?
I think fall foods are my favorites! Apple cider gives desserts a lovely sweet and flavorful twist, spices make my taste buds dance, and squash?... well, pumpkin is my weakness, and sweet potatoes take me to my happy place.. A favorite dessert would have to be either pumpkin pie or pumpkin bars. When I lived in Japan I went crazy for a particular sweet potato confection. This fall I hope to get close to that recipe. Don't worry! I promise to share it. Fall should bring a whole bunch of new and great recipes here, so stay-tuned.

If you are looking for more Aloha Friday fun, go to An Island Life and check out the other posts on the Linky. Have a great weekend!

Pin It

16 comments:

  1. Apple pie for sure! Also Pumpkin Pie and many others.

    www.thesocialfrog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love desserts but I'm not sure if I have a favorite Fall dish. I'm not a big fan of apple or pumpkin. However, chocolate is a year-round ingredient, right? LOL!

    Kailani
    An Island Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my! this topic is making me hungry! around here, a couple of bakeries make a pumpkin haupia pie which is pumpkin pie with a coconut pudding over the top (and there might be whipped cream on top of that, i can't remember). i'm a fan! much better than traditional pumpkin pie. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pumpkin Pie and warm Peanut butter cookies, oh and truffles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have a favorite fall dessert. I eat the ones I like year round.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anything with warm apples in it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cake :) Also really like apple cakes, crisps and such.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I dont have a fall dessert...unless pecan pies count :) That seems to be the time when I get them most.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have these cookies I make - they are Pumpkin Oatmeal Raisin and I love them....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anything warm that I should not be eating!

    Have a great Friday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/09/100000000-is-a-lot-of-moolah-mr-facebook/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, and thank you for stopping by. I'd follow you, but I don't see where. I see the word FOLLOWERS, but nothing is underneath that. Let mw know, and I'll come back. I'm following you on twitter though if that helps. Nice to meet you, and my favorite is pumpkin pie or pumpkin bread is good too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love sweet potatoe souffle.
    when you have a chance visit this post, your included in:
    http://lifeisasandcastle.blogspot.com/2010/09/blogging-character-thank-you.html

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!