Thursday, October 7, 2010

Celebrate the Small Things...

Today I am thankful for cereal. Oh, don't give me that look. I have long ago stopped thinking of food as I used to. When you have two children with a rare metabolic condition, it changes your view of the world. Well, at least it changed my view of cereal. My little non-eater has taken to a small amount (1/4 cup) of Cheerios in a little (2 oz.) of rice milk.






Nom, nom, nom. If he starts to eat more I will have to switch him to Rice Krispies! ...or special ordered low protein alternatives.

Such a simple thing I took for granted. Now my boy is eating his breakfast all by himself, like a normal kid. I will take normalcy where I can find it. I am celebrating this small gift in my day.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Definitely the little precious things to celebrate.
    I didn't give you that look :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!