Sunday, October 17, 2010

Mama-vate Me! It's Mamavation Monday

I hate being "needy". I guess there are times in every Mama's life when she has to break down and ask for help. Right? Sometimes it is as simple as help with the housework, and other times it is bigger. Sometimes it involves the "D" word (diet)... but, it also might involve exercise or will power. I think all Mamas trying to loose weight need support and encouragement, but not everyone is willing to ask for it. I guess that is how I see the Sistahood. I am able to support other mamas working hard to live a healthy life, and quietly I am asking for their support, also. I am really excited to announce that last week I was accepted into the group. So not only do I have a great group of gals to support, but I will also have them to help motivate me. Yippee!

Last week I weighed myself at 209, and was rather bummed out. I promised after my first child was born that I wouldn't let myself get over 200 lbs again... I hadn't realized I was that big. But, tonight I was given a little surprise. Maybe it was the positive break I was looking for, but I figured out that my scale was off! I have two little ones and I guess someone must have fiddled with the calibration. So, this week I will be starting out at 190... and I have only down to go. I have been working on my jumping jacks, and now the treadmill has been unburied. So, I am slowly rolling.

This week my goal includes spending some quality time with the treadmill and also get outside with the double stroller. Good for me and the kids. I am also going to attempt to eat in all week and experiment with some new fresh recipes utilizing the local in season produce. I can do this! Little steps here. But, it all adds up for the end goal of a better me.

Okay, so that's my update for this week... thanks for joining me on this ride. I love comments, so let me know what you think.
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. welcome to this wonderful group of sista's! Happy to have ya with us! you can do this! you are awesome! I am somewhere around 207-209 right now. Last i weighed I was 207.0 but I bet I gained some back! I started this journey in July at 217! We are in this together! cheers to a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome!!!! So glad to have you on board. Good luck this week. You are going to show nothing but progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some good goals. Get active and the double stroller makes for nice family time. Have fun w/ new recipes this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish my scale would give me a magical number under 200. I get close and then something happens, like life, lol. You're doing great. I think I might just pull our stroller out and dress my baby in 3 layers and hit the trail. Thanks for the idea to Move it and lose it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! My kids are ALWAYS messing with my scale too . . . nice for you that it was 20 lb difference for you! That had to feel good to realize you really were under 200! :)

    Good luck this week with your goals.

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!