Sunday, October 24, 2010

Monday Weigh-In... A Little Helper

And so begins another week, and here we are at my #mamavation post and weekly weigh in. This week I am happy to say that I will be getting a little help from a new friend... a four legged companion named Coop. He is going to be my walking motivation. Well, that and I told me toddler we have to walk him daily. I know my son will hold me to it. Gotta love the stubbornness of a 2 year old!

But, I am getting ahead of myself, right? So, drumroll please.....

I am down a pound from last week. Woo-hoo! I will take anything this week. It was a crazy busy whirlwind with birthday parties (cake!) and play dates as well as tantrums and behavioral issues. Not very conducive to my exercise plan, but it did successfully keep me away from too much snacking. Okay, so I am at 189 and ready to keep losing. As for last week's goals... well, I am going to take a second stab at them. I need to get back on the treadmill and get outside with the stroller... and new dog. As for recipes... well, the tamales were a great success and spaghetti squash is always a hit.

I want to add one more small change. I want to cut out soda completely this week. I am not ready to give up my daily coffee, but maybe if I can increase my energy I can kick that too. I have never been a big soda  drinker, but lately I have been reaching for the sweet horrible stuff. So addictive, right? So this weak I will force myself to crawl back to the true and pure stuff. I do have some fun herbs and citrus to add to my drinking water. All natural, no sugar... just the good stuff.

I want to send a shout out to the new Mamavation Moms, Shelley & Rachel! You guys rock and I am so eager to follow your progress. This week's Mamavation TV prize is fabulous! It is sponsored by Subway, and includes a  $50 LuluLemon gift certificate, a green Gaiam gym bag & yoga mat! I could really use some feel good exercise wear. This giveaway is part of Subway’s new campaign, Commit to Fit. I am excited to see how Jared does in the NY Marathon this year. I just saw a new commercial for his training and am pretty excited that Subway support the Mamavation program.

Okay... overall not too shabby, folks! Oh, let me know if you have a real rockin' song on your MP3 right now. I need to put some new tunes on my IPod, and I have an Itunes card burning a hole in my pocket. Anything for my walks?
Pin It