Friday, November 5, 2010

Aloha Friday #37

Aloha Everyone! In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend.Friday used to be my friend, but today it signals the end of another week... that went by too quickly! But, I survived the week, so to celebrate! Let's sit back, relax and enjoy a little blog hop. No heavy mental lifting today... just one simple little question...


IPad, Kindle or Traditional Paper?

This week for my birthday my loving husband got me a Kindle. I was so excited! I hardly have the chance to read anymore, but an electronic device to carry multiple books that can fit in my diaper bag seemed a perfect choice! I am still getting used to it, though it is very user friendly. I know other people who have the IPad and swear by that. I am okay with the smaller size of the Kindle and though I can read blogs on it, I already have a great phone for blogs & tweeting. I really don't see a need for redundancy there. I am amazed at the battery life available on the Kindle. Yeah, I am that girl who always forgets to recharge her devices! This makes it easier... once every two weeks is easy to handle. Don't worry, I'm not pedaling e-readers here... I am just really digging this new toy and want to know what others think about it.


I am curious where other people's loyalties lay. Are you a purest? (aka do you love the smell and feel of paper?) or are you an IPad devotee? Come on down and cast your vote!


If you are looking for more Aloha Friday fun, go to An Island Life and check out the other posts on the Linky. Have a great weekend!

Pin It

14 comments:

  1. I really do not understand why ereaders offend anyone at all,lol. I believe there is room for all of the devices. I actually have both a Kindle & iPad. I also read a few DTB every once in a while if I can't find the book I want on my Kindle. I say Kindle for reading, I don't care so much for reading books on my iPad unless it is at night and I am in bed.

    www.thesocialfrog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pen and paper! Technically challenged!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I could afford it, I'd take the iPad but would be just fine with a Kindle as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traditional Paper, there is just something about having the book and seeing the cover and photos.
    My Aloha link for you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to have an iPad since I don't have a SmartPhone to do tweets and other fun online stuff - it would be nice not to have to be chained to a computer. ;) But I wouldn't mind a Kindle...I might have to mention that to hubby for my birthday! :)

    Aloha Friday Follow: Vitamins

    ReplyDelete
  6. traditional paper. i love the smell of a new book!

    Here's my Aloha Friday - Advocacy

    ReplyDelete
  7. iPad, iPhone, iPod iguess :)
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/11/what-is-your-favorite-karaoke-song-to-sing-with/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I prefer the smell and feel of a paper book, but the Nook Color has me re-evaluating. I might be borrowing my mom's Nook again to help me decide. ;)

    ~Erin @ http://dreamingwithmidnite.com
    TwitterID: Midnite592

    ReplyDelete
  9. iPad for sure. I've never seen a kindle, but I hear good things about them too! My husband works at Apple, and got an iPad and I love using it when he lets me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Purist here. I love the smell of paper and there's nothing like holding a book. I will be very sad if they digitize everything!

    http://atticgirl.blogspot.com/2010/11/aloha-friday-what-time-do-you-wake-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the fact there are so many different great reasons for each one! Yes, I still love the smell of a book store. But, the Kindle is not going to get ripped up by my kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love a Kindle! :)

    Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know about IPod's yet except that my daughter wants one for Christmas. I haven't a clue what a kindle is and I guess that leaves me with the paper. Don't forget about this Monday - "MONDAY'S MUSIC MOVES ME" it's COUNTRY WEEK this week. EEEE Haaaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I take notes on my iphone and use my MacBook for all else. Happy Aloha Friday!

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!