Monday, November 1, 2010

Holiday Open House! Starts Today.



I love the holidays! In fact, I am so excited for the baking and cooking to begin. The whole month of November will be filled with pumpkin treat, various pumpkin inspired pies and then the cookies will start to appear on our counter, as well! With all the yummy goodness that fills the next two months in our house, my husband's favorite is his Mother's pumpkin roll. Well, I have been there, done that and over the past 10 years of marriage of have finally convinced him that pumpkin bars are just as delicious, if not more ... and the work is significantly less for me. So, I am excited to share this yummy treat with you.

Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars



You will need: 
1 (16 oz.) pkg. pound cake mix
3 large eggs
2 tbsps. butter, melted
4 tsps. pumpkin pie spice, divided
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin (about 2 cups)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup chopped/toasted walnuts

Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine cake mix, 1 egg, butter and 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice in large bowl until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into bottom of 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan.

Beat cream cheese in large bowl until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk; beat in remaining 2 eggs, pumpkin, remaining 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice and salt; mix well. Pour over crust; sprinkle with nuts.Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Cool. Chill. Cut into bars.

I have pics to post with this... but today my DH has the camera as he judges a tractor competition. Should post them tonight. They were delicious!

This is being posted as part of the Holiday Open House Giveaway Event over on A Nation of Moms Blog. This even is going to run from November 1st through November 10th. Just click on the linky at the top of this post to join in and see the other posts. Stay tuned for tomorrow!

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Cute kids! Gotta try out the recipe - thanks for sharing!

    A Nation of Moms
    http://anationofmoms.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU! I've wanted this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Great post, thanks for sharing the recipe!

    -Dawn
    Just Married with Coupons

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!