Friday, November 12, 2010

Make Your Life Easier - 10 Little Tips

Do you ever get stressed out? Okay, it happens to me all the time. That seems to be a part of the norm as a Mom. And as a SAHM I don't get many hours off the clock. Luckily there are things that I can do to make
life a little easier. TwitterMoms & Oral-B asked bloggers to share their tips for making life easier. This is for Oral-B's “Glide Into the Holidays” program benefiting Operation Smiles. Just short of running away for a day to a spa, these 10 tips might just help you too, make your life go a little easier.

1. Get Outside. There is something wonderful about getting a little sun on your skin. Of course, do this in a safe way. Make sure to use your sunscreen and moisturizers, but still make sure you get a little sun light every day. The vitamin D will help you to feel better and the fresh air will help your mood.

2. Play Everyday. I love watching my little children play! They love using their imagination and doing things they really love. I think we could all learn from children at play. I try to get down on the floor and play with my children several times a day. It doesn't matter what we do. I just need to let myself go and enjoy the power of play.

3. Catch Some ZZzzzzs. Life goes easier when I am functioning at 100%. When I am sleep deprived I get cranky, forgetful and emotional. I am able to handle the little surprises of having two toddlers much better when I am well rested. Having things run smoothly definitely is easier.

4. Exercise. I love going on walks with my children. We set out in our stroller and explore the neighborhood. The distractions from scenery, wildlife and conversation help us to pass the time. It doesn't always seem like a work out for me, but we go out for at least an hour. Getting my blood pumping clears my head and rejuvenates me. That small boost is often enough for me to get through the rest of my day.

5. Get Organized. Clearing the clutter and organizing my home helps me not only save time finding things, but also lowers my stress level. I just hate looking at piles of dishes or stacks of papers. I also hate losing things. This seems like a rather simple tip, but it does take a bit of time everyday to keep up, and staying on top of things is what will produce the big pay off.

6.  Pass it On. This is my favorite tip and what I wish more people followed... It just follows the golden rule. Treat others how you wish to be treated. Simple right? It is amazing how when you treat someone well, give help when it is needed, or give someone a kind word it gets passed on. You are sharing a "warm fuzzy feeling" that is highly contagious. Just try it some time and see how it goes. How does this make life easier, you ask? Well, feeling good about your deeds can improve mood and make your day a little brighter.

7. Do Something For Yourself. As a mom I forget about myself. I shower less than I would like, I rarely get dressed up and make-up is a special occasion special effect. The truth is doing something good for myself, whether it is crafting, reading or even just a nap, helps my overall mood and gives me a better outlook on the day. Though I don't always have much time, it is still important to have some time.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
8. Jazz Up The Mundane! Making things fun always makes them easier, so why not make the boring stuff fun. I enjoy turning up some good music and dancing through my chores, or using the fancy dishes for a weeknight. Anything to take the ordinary to extraordinary

9. Snuggle. Never underestimate the power of touch. Whether it is a cat, dog, child or spouse get a blanket and prepare to snuggle. I am lucky that my toddler still likes a good story and cuddling. But, in a pinch, I have a lovely kitty that enjoys a great scratch under the chin and some petting. However you do it, spend some time with those you love.

10. Let it Go. This is one I am still working on. As a mom, I try my best to be a good role model, wife and person. The truth is I am not perfect. I have to remind myself that it is okay for me to make mistakes and be human. At the end of the day I have to just let everything go and start fresh the next day.

So, that was my list. I would love to hear if you have anything else to add. Feel free to leave me a comment. Again this topic was brought to you by Oral-B and their Operation Smile campaign. Be sure to head over to their facebook page for more information. It is such a fabulous cause and easy way to help out.
For every person who tweets or posts on Oral-B’s Facebook wall with the hashtag #Switch2Glide through February 28, 2011, Oral-B® Glide™ will donate $1 to Operation Smile with a guaranteed donation of $10,000 over the course of the entire campaign.

*Disclaimer - I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Oral-B blogging contest, making me eligible to get full-sized Oral-B Glide products and a $30 Target gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!