Sunday, November 14, 2010

Mamavation Monday... Getting Back on Track

I'm back! I would love to say I have great news to share, but that just isn't the case. I survived a week of birthday parties, throwing birthdays and making food and cakes. Whew. If the saying " are what your eat.." was true, I would have long flowing french fry hair, a sausage body, wearing an artichoke dip dress and tater tot shoes. Get the picture? We ate fast and on the run last week.

It has to stop. I gained 2 lbs last week!

On the upside, I got a Wii balance board... but I haven't used it. I also became a year older. *sigh*

So, where do I go from here? Right back on that weight loss horse. I got a gander at a few pics from my son's birthday and, as always, was surprised at my present condition. Have you ever been there? I was curious who that person was and when that had happened! Well, I know it is up to me to do something. The past is the past and I can't change it, so I have to move on into the positive. For this week I have a new set of goals to get me back on track.

1. Eat in Every Night - this should be easy enough. After a week of eating fast, I am done with it. Anyone else out there think that fast food isn't all that great? This tip also appeals to my frugal side. I hope to find and post some new recipes, too.

2. Get the Legumes & Grains Back - Every night this week will have some sort of bean or grain incorporated into the menu. I have a hearty stash of quinoa and various rice and bean mixes in my pantry, so I'm set.

3. Dance and Jump Around - This one is added to get moving with my kids. My one year old just loves to dance with me and I want to encourage that.

I am grateful for all the #Mamavation Mamas' support I have been receiving and am sure I can get back at it. Now with a deep breath... I will start another week and come out the other end victorious!
Pin It