Sunday, November 14, 2010

Mamavation Monday... Getting Back on Track

I'm back! I would love to say I have great news to share, but that just isn't the case. I survived a week of birthday parties, throwing birthdays and making food and cakes. Whew. If the saying "...you are what your eat.." was true, I would have long flowing french fry hair, a sausage body, wearing an artichoke dip dress and tater tot shoes. Get the picture? We ate fast and on the run last week.

It has to stop. I gained 2 lbs last week!

On the upside, I got a Wii balance board... but I haven't used it. I also became a year older. *sigh*

So, where do I go from here? Right back on that weight loss horse. I got a gander at a few pics from my son's birthday and, as always, was surprised at my present condition. Have you ever been there? I was curious who that person was and when that had happened! Well, I know it is up to me to do something. The past is the past and I can't change it, so I have to move on into the positive. For this week I have a new set of goals to get me back on track.

1. Eat in Every Night - this should be easy enough. After a week of eating fast, I am done with it. Anyone else out there think that fast food isn't all that great? This tip also appeals to my frugal side. I hope to find and post some new recipes, too.

2. Get the Legumes & Grains Back - Every night this week will have some sort of bean or grain incorporated into the menu. I have a hearty stash of quinoa and various rice and bean mixes in my pantry, so I'm set.

3. Dance and Jump Around - This one is added to get moving with my kids. My one year old just loves to dance with me and I want to encourage that.

I am grateful for all the #Mamavation Mamas' support I have been receiving and am sure I can get back at it. Now with a deep breath... I will start another week and come out the other end victorious!
Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Start using the board. It is a great tool and "Dance and jump" sound so good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dancing and jumping with the little ones is so much fun! Especially when they love to do it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shake off your gain. You know what you need to do to knock them off so lets do this! We are here to support you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just now getting back on the horse as well. Good luck on your eating. With my husband working out of town, eating in is a big obstacle for us as well b/c it's so much easier just to eat out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great goals for the upcoming week!! Great way to re-focus and get back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your you are what you eat outfit! ha. I need to cook more too. It's not that we eat out a lot, but there's some processed action going on.

    I'm right where you are. Today I thought I can just start now, but it didnt' happen. I have to stop waiting for a lightning bolt and just do it!!

    Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great goals! My kids love the song "The Streak" they streak after bath to that song & they love "Jump Around" by House of Pain (yeah I know hardly kid appropriate...).

    Happy Birthday!! And have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you should look at the "Just Dance" for the Wii too! The boys and I LOVE to do it together - and I hear that the Just Dance2 is AWESOME! It's so much fun!

    Love your goals for this week! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy birthday hope you had a great birthday great job on the renewed goals and dedication hope that you get great results

    lorrie
    http://150by40.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. YEp. It's always the photos, isn't it? Where you see it and go "No WAY is that me!"

    Well. The upside to the two pounds is that one week back on plan will probably take care of it.

    And I know you can do it. You've got good goals and a plan.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!