Monday, December 20, 2010

All I Want for Christmas... not booty pop or a push-up bra

Okay, I will have no need for such silly things. Oh, no. This girl is trying to lose the pop, and push down the fat. I am excited to be applying to be part of the Mamavation Mom Campaign 7. It is going to be tough. There is a great group of Moms applying, and I know the 2 ladies selected will be a great inspiration for the whole group. In case you want to know more about me, I thought I would do a big share. I mean this is a time when honesty and personality should reign supreme.

  • I often fall prey to chocolate and carbs. Though, I have often been a willing victim in the past.
  • My highest weight was 214 lbs. I am currently 190. This yo-yo has also yo-yo'ed a time or two with weight.
  • I love getting out with my jogging stroller. I have a Phil & Ted and it is awesome!
  • I enjoy cheesy sayings.
  • I love to drink water and mix it up with mint leaves, cucumber slices or lemon wedges.
  • I have always wanted to complete a 5K, also have dreamed of a triathlon.
  • I have climbed Mt. Fuji, Cycled across the state of Oregon (Idaho border to Pacific Ocean) and went scuba diving in Thailand.
  • We raise our own eggs, I garden and my husband is a produce farmer.
  • I love to cook from scratch
  • Music, any music, makes me want to move.
Would you like to follow me along my weight loss adventure? I mean it is just another adventure in food, anyway. In order to be selected as a finalist I need support from all my friends, family and followers. Please tweet:

Hey @bookieboo! I want @notimeMom to be the next #Mamavation Mom. She has my support! http://bit.ly/zqUxa

  I would love to share my journey, and help motivate the next wave of weight shedding, moving and grooving mamavation sistas! Thanks everyone for your support so far. I just have another two weeks till finalists are announced, and then voting will begin.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I tweeted. I really hope you win this. I can see how bad you want it, and I think you can be a wonderful inspiration for everybody! I want to follow you through this, and give you all my support! Good luck, and 5K's are easy, you can do it.

    P.S. I have 1 chicken. Her name is Mary, and for some reason, she decided she doesn't want to lay eggs. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes on your campaign. I enjoyed reading more about you in your "big share." It sounds like we have some things in common from the chocolate and carbs to wanting to run a 5k to loving to move to music! Stay focused and I'm sure you'll be able to achieve many of your goals.

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!