Thursday, December 9, 2010

Aloha Friday #42


Welcome to Friday Everyone! In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend. I feel like I am experiencing the calm before the storm of the holiday. Let's sit back, relax and enjoy a little blog hop. No heavy mental lifting today... just one simple little question...



What is your Favorite Holiday Cookie?

I like to bake year 'round, but this time of year I pull out a few special recipes. One is a cream cheese pinwheel that is stuffed with white chocolate and coconut. Yum! I am also trying to track down a recipe from my childhood called a "triangle delight". It had graham crackers, topped with chocolate chips, coconut and drizzled with a butter or caramel solution. They were delicious, but I can't track down the recipe. So, what are your holiday faves?


If you are looking for more Aloha Friday fun, go to An Island Life and check out the other posts on the Linky. Have a great weekend!

Pin It

14 comments:

  1. I think I had that same treat before! My ex-stepmother (much nicer lady than that title sounds) use to make it...I think you have 99% of the recipe just in your ingredients list. She use to layer all of that on a shallow cookie sheet and bake it for a short time. Was so yummy!

    Happy Aloha Friday!

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gingerbread, shaped like little men. But my favorite treat is chocolate covered peanut clusters. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Michelle, gingerbread cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite are the basic sugar cookie cut in fun shapes! :)

    Aloha: Shopping

    ReplyDelete
  5. Years ago my friend introduced me to Bon-Bon cookies and I love making them. So many ways to have them be fun and original.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't even have to think about this one. Definitely shortbread. YUM!! We don't have them any other time of year so I always look forward to those.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love decorated sugar cookies
    shopannies@yaho.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that's a tough one. I made peanut butter cookies with dark chocolate hershey kisses this week that are deelicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shortbread, unless it's chocolate chip cookies just out of the oven.

    Have a great Friday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/12/what-was-the-worst-way-you-ever-left-a-lover/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't really have a favorite holiday cookie. I rarely eat cookies too.

    I wouldn't mind trying a few and finding one I just can't say no to :)''

    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Toffee Bits Cookies. A recipe from Hershey.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stopping by from ABE, following you on gfc and twitter. Have a great weekend!

    http://chalkboardstostrollers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sugar cookies are one of my favs!

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!