Now I rarely have time to jot down goals. I am far too busy as a SAHM chasing my children, cooking, cleaning and crashing into my chair at the end of the day. But, I do remember that great sense of accomplishment when I crossed an item off my list, so perhaps it is time to jot a few down for the coming year. Thankfully, TwitterMoms & OprahWinfrey's OWN Network motivated me to think about and write down my aspirations. Okay, they are not terribly glamorous... but, they are a few of my short-term and long-term goals.
My Home: We moved in last spring, and still have a long list of repairs and upgrades to make. It seems like when we got the boxes in the front door, all our progress stopped. But, here are my top 5.
- Landscape our front yard - We need to pull out the old and dying bushes and replant. I also want to add some bulbs and more color to the front.
- Paint our bedroom - We only did the downstairs and the kids room, but my bedroom needs a facelift and color.
- Add knobs & Handles to our kitchen cabinets and drawers
- Fence off my Garden - It is getting beat up from our new puppy and my chickens!
- Build a new Chicken Coop - We need an upgrade for our girls! I love my eggs, but hate trying to reach in and clean their coop. I hope my DH can fashion something a bit more convenient.
- I want to achieve my goal weight of 135 lbs - This will require many changes and steps to do. I need to get moving!
- Find a new Haircut - Any other Moms out there sporting a 24/7 ponytail? I am in need of an update.
- Run a 5 K - This is pretty ambitious but it has been on my list for many years. It would be awesome to finally cross off!
- Try a new recipe a Week - I love to cook, but get into a rut sometimes. I want to try and force myself to mix things up.
What are your goals or dreams for this coming year?
*Disclaimer - “I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network blogging program, for a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.