Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mamavation Monday ... Dedication

It isn't always about doing what I want to, 
but what I need to.

Another week... and my motivation was lagging. After a week of not losing weight, my family became sick and instead of progressing I felt like I was cleaning up, comforting and caring for others to the point of exhaustion. Of course as my workouts slipped and the bad snacks crept in, I felt worse. So on Thursday, despite the unusual snowfall in our little valley, I decided to remind myself about the big "D"... Dedication.

Success to me is a product of both hard work and dedication. Without both components it really isn't success... if I get lucky and lose weight but didn't work for it, there is always the chance I could have lost more... and without dedication I am not sure the weight will stay off. So I am back to the basics: pedometer, meal plan, water, workouts and sweat. I need to succeed for myself as well as my family.

MILI Challenge - Okay, after last week being rather disappointing I was hoping things would be better...

From last week (199.8 lbs) That is -1.6 lbs... and from 2 weeks ago (198.6 lbs) that is still -.4 lbs.
I'll take it!!
This Week's Recipe Share is for Egg Cups

I originally made these years back from the South Beach Diet cookbook. They are very simple and I can make a bunch up and save the rest to grab for the remainder of the week. I know I will be getting my veggies and protein with these.
you will need:

12 muffin tins & foil papers (or spray your tins with nonstick spray)
4 eggs
1/2 yellow onion
1 clove of garlic, minced or grated
1/2 a package of frozen spinach, thawed
chopped mushrooms
chopped ham or Canadian bacon
A dash of milk
Parmesan Cheese (optional)
Salt & pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line your muffin tins or spray them to prevent the eggs from sticking.

Chop the onion and add to a saute pan with a little olive oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and sweat these down till the onions are translucent. Add the garlic for an additional minute and then stir in the spinach and chopped meat. Warm the mixture through. In a separate bowl beat the eggs and add a dash of milk. Fill each muffin tin 1/2 - 2/3 full of the spinach mixture. There may be some left over.  With a ladle or cup, divide the egg mixture evenly between the 12 cups. You can top with a little Parmesan Cheese and seasoning.

Bake for 20 minutes.I let them cool completely and put them in a freezer bag to either freeze or keep in the fridge for other mornings. Enjoy!


This week, Rebecca (@MomRuns26) is  Sista of the week. Woo-hoo! Way to go Rebecca.

MAMAVATION TV: Join us Monday night at 7pm PST/10pm EST on Mingle Media TV

BLOGGING CARNIVAL: This week’s blogging carnival is sponsored by Fit Studio.  One blogging carnival participant will receive a Fitness Basket with Weider PowerSwitch Adjustable 25 lb. Hand Weight, 65 cm Fitness Ball, and Sportline Elite Fitness Pedometer..  Answer the following question in your blog post and link back to the Fit Studio website.  Link up your post here to share with others.

Question: What motivates you to get going and what keeps you going?
My children are my biggest motivators and the real reason why I want to lose this weight and become healthier. Honestly, the rest of my Mamavation Sistas have played a huge role in keeping me going. Without all the added support and encouragement I might have already given up. But, each day I check in on twitter, or read a fellow Mamavation Sista's blog I am pushed to keep going... and I am so happy to be part of a group that has such a positive influence in my life.

*Disclaimer - This post is sponsored by SEARS FitStudio and I’m writing this to be entered into a giveaway hosted by Mamavation and sponsored by Sears. All opinions expressed are my own.
Pin It