Monday, April 18, 2011

Review: Kim & Scott's Gourmet Stuffed Pretzels - A Big Hit!

I love trying new products, but my husband is a little skeptical when we review food. He prefers fresh to frozen foods, especially baked goods. Not long ago I dabbled with making my own pretzels, but when I heard about Kim & Scott's Gourmet Stuffed Pretzels, I knew I had to give them a try.



Could a frozen pretzel be as good as fresh? Well, I have to say these pretzels made my simple home version pale in comparison. Flavorful, chewy and stuffed with an assortment of delicious ingredients, I am hooked!


This is the delicious assortment the I received: Chocolate Crumb, Spinach & Feta, Cheese Lovers, Apple Cinnamon, Cheddar Jalapeno and Pizza Pretzel. Many other flavors are available and they are constantly adding new ones, so be sure to visit Kim & Scott's site for a complete list.

I think the simple cheese and chocolate flavors were my favorite, but we still have the apple cinnamon left to try in our freezer. I would love to also try their Savory Herb & Cream Cheese. If you are like me and can't decide which flavor to try, check out their sampler packs. Whether you lean towards savory, sweet or a bit of both, you can order a sampler from their website to fit any hunger or preference.

Besides being warm, chewy and full of flavor, I love that these pretzels are all-natural and hand twisted with premium ingredients. These are not your average mass-produced frozen treats. They do not contain trans fats and are made in a nut-free facility. There is even a gluten free option now available!

So, who is behind this great twisted idea? Well, Kim and Scott Holstein started the business in Kim's studio apartment kitchen in 1995. Now they sell nationally, from their online store as well as national chains like Target, Walmart, Whole Foods and even on QVC. Check out their store locator to find a retailer near you. Now they have a twisting cafe in Chicago where you can find their fabulous pretzels as well as sandwiches, salads and a place where kids can twist their own pretzels. If I go back to Chicago, I will be putting Kim & Scott's on my list of places to visit.


Check out Kim & Scott's Gourmet Pretzels on social media, too. Keep up with new flavors and promotions.

Twitter - @kimandscotts
Facebook - Kimandscotts
Or check out their website - Kimandscotts.com

We enjoyed the pretzels and I will be ordering more for our family. I really love having some delicious treats stashed away in our deep freeze for a rainy day.

*Disclaimer - I was sent a sample of pretzels to try for this review. No monetary compensation was received and all opinions expressed are my own. I was not required to write a favorable review.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!