Friday, April 8, 2011

Review - Yanni : Truth of Touch

So, I have two confessions to make, first, I grew up listening to Yanni in the house. My parents were big fans of "New Age" and instrumental music... right along with their 80's pop and classic rock. But I haven't listened to Yanni in years, not just because he hasn't released an album of original compositions in over 8 years, but because my husband is not a fan.

So, when I heard Yanni released Truth of Touch I had mixed feelings. With all the stress and chaos in raising two toddlers, I was thinking this might be a nice way to relax my mind at the end of my day. I was right! I felt the stresses of my day melting away and I became energized at the same time. “I work the rhythms in this album,” explains Yanni. Yes, I would agree with him. I have enjoyed listening to this album as I blog, clean the house and do nightly stretching or relaxation yoga. It is just what I needed to transition to a good night sleep after my busy day.
“There is a beautiful complexity in these rhythms, a new sound design. I think the melodic content is very strong and very memorable. I was having fun with this album and that’s going to become apparent.”
 My favorite song by far was "O Luce Che Brilla Nell'Oscurita", because Nathan Pacheco has an amazing voice! I would have loved to hear him singing more on the album. His voice is very smooth and dreamy. *swoon*

So, as for my husband? Well, he still isn't a fan. I guess this is one area where it is okay to disagree.  I still love the soothing sounds, but then again, I am the one staying home with the energetic toddlers all day! I might have more reasons to want to unwind with music.

Truth of Touch is available in stores now and online with online sellers such as Amazon. You can also see a listing of Yanni's scheduled tour dates and locations with 40 concerts throughout the US and Canada.

*Disclaimer - I was sent a copy of Yanni's Truth of Touch by the One2One Network for review purposes. I was also entered into a drawing by posting by a certain date. No monetary compensation was received and all opinions are my own.
Pin It