Monday, May 30, 2011

#Mamavation Monday - The After Party


Going through the Mamavation Bootcamp was amazing! ... and then the week after I was all about getting our house back in order. The Grand Tetons of laundry were not going to wash themselves!

So, with a bit of embarrassment, I have to say I haven't had a plan in place. I know, isn't that crazy? The one thing I really learned in the past 8 weeks was how important a plan of attack is for my own success. It may not work for everyone, but for me, it really it keeps me focused. So I have made up a plan for my eating as well as exercise for the coming week.

Daily:  Stephanie's circuits and a walk/jog with my kids in the double stroller.
I also want to get back into the challenges... pushups (http://hundredpushups.com), situps (http://www.twohundredsitups.com/) and lunges.

M- EA Sports Active
Tu- Abs/ Pilates or Yoga
W- Top Trainers (I am doing the full program from start to finish)
Th - EA Sports Active
Fr- Abs/Pilates or Yoga
Sat- Top Trainers
Sun- Rest Day

*I am shooting for a 5K on June 18th. It is a benefit for our local police officer's K9 unit. I am picking this one because I need to complete a 5K within 6 months of finishing the Mamavation bootcamp, and I am having a hard time finding them in my town. Farming is really busy right now so going away for the weekend is not an option. I hope to train and complete this one, and look for another to do again in the fall. Hopefully I can make some dramatic improvements on my time.

As for food, well... breakfasts I like to keep simple. I really only rotate 4 breakfasts: whole grain cereal, oatmeal, whole wheat toast or yogurt. Then I add fruit and whatever else I need to fill out my exchanges for the day.

Here is my upcoming meal plan:
M- Tuna Melt, chopped salad and fruit
Tu- Spaghetti, steamed vegetable and fruit
W- Stuffed Grilled Burritos, salsa, chips and fruit
Th - Stir Fry with tofu, brown rice, fruit salad
Fr- Sweet Potato Gnocchi, salad and fruit
Sat- Chicken... served some way, I haven't decided
Sun- Family Dinner

There was no change this week... Here is my pic as required for a recent Mamavation Grad

I'm not worried, I know with some more movement I can get that scale to start going down again. 


MAMAVATION TV: Join us Monday night at 7pm PST/10pm EST on Mingle Media TV

BLOGGING CARNIVAL: This week’s blogging carnival is sponsored by Your Best Face.  One blogging carnival participant will receive a Very Important Blogger Gift Basket .  Answer the following question in your blog post and link back to the Your Best Face website.  Link up your post here to share with others.

Question: What are your go-to tricks for when you need a confidence boost?


This is one of the reasons I like to do challenges and DVDs. It really helps give me a boost we I can clearly see how far I have come. When I first tried the push up challenge, I could only do 6... after just a week I could do 10 easily. I love seeing how far I have come.

I also love knowing that I have dropped 2 clothing sized over the past two months. Seeing a 12 on the tag means so much to me, and it has really been a boost to my confidence.

Also, for a purely cosmetic "perk-me-up" I love a good pair of high heels. High and cute. For some reason I could be wearing a potato sack but a good 5- inch heel would make me feel like I was wearing couture! 


Disclaimer- This post is sponsored by Your Best Face and I’m writing this to be entered into a giveaway hosted by Mamavation and sponsored by Your Best Face. All opinions are my own.
Pin It