Friday, June 3, 2011

Newton Fruit Chews Will Make You Rethink Newtons

"A cookie is just a cookie, but a Newton is fruit and cake!"
That is the slogan I grew up with... but it isn't true anymore. Now Newton does have a cookie, but it is anything but "just a cookie". Newton's Fruit Thins have hit the scene and have made a great impression on this family.
We chose to try the Blueberry Brown Sugar Flavor. We are just wild about blueberry anything in this family. My kids loved them. I thought they were a happy medium between a crunchy cookie and a shortbread cookie. It had a great blueberry flavor, with a crunch and nutty flavor from the flax seed. Yum.
The best part about these cookies is that they taste great, have 8 grams of whole grain per serving, no high fructose corn syrup and use real fruit.
Serving size is 3 cookies, which was satisfying for me but didn't leave me feeling guilty. At 140 calories per serving they are definitely a treat to be enjoyed occasionally.
You can find all four flavors at your local grocery store. Though, I tried and recommend the blueberry and brown sugar you can also find these cookies in:
  • Cranberry Citrus Oat
  • Chocolate Raspberry
  • Fig & Honey
So, which flavor would you want to try?
 *Disclaimer - I received a sample to facilitate an honest review as a part of the One 2 One Network. No monetary compensation was received and all opinions are my own.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to try the blueberry and brown sugar or the chocolate raspberry. Thanks for the review! Looking forward to trying these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the blueberry & brown sugar, too and I *really* like them!! My husband and my son liked them as well but my daughter didn't (she did like the Crackerfuls, though!) I want to try the cranberry citrus oat, as well. Those sound really yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!