Monday, July 11, 2011

Has Your Family Been to Virginia Beach? Why Not?

Vacations.
We all need them, deserve them and should truly enjoy them. So, how do you choose where your family goes for your family vacation?

Our family looks for fun activities all of us will enjoy, will take us outside and can be turned into a learning experience for all of us. So after a prompt from Social Moms and the Virginia Beach Tourism, I have been looking at pictures and reading up on the gorgeous Virgina Beach. So, here are my Top ten reasons why you would want to visit Virgina Beach:

1.  "Your ocean playground awaits..." Grommet Island Beach Park and playground is for everyone. Enjoy the sand in a 100% handicap accessible oceanfront park. This is the first of its kind in the USA!

2. Enjoy the ocean! Whether you enjoy swimming, surfing or sailing, there is something for everyone to try. I just love trying new sports and activities while on vacation. But, just swimming in the ocean is a wonderful way to spend a day.

3. High Sea Fun with Capt. Jack's Pirate Ship Adventures. This family friendly attraction allows you to jump aboard the Lost Pearl and sail off in search of treasure. Family friendly, you can defend this Spanish galleon ship with a water canon agains the scallywag Blackbeard. If you have a pirate fan, like I do, this might be at the top of your vacation stop list.

4. For some indoor or rainy day fun, why not try the Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Center. From an IMAX Theater to the Chesapeake Bay Touch Pool, there is sure to be something to excite everyone, young and old.

5. Charter a Fishing Experience with the local experts. The summertime specialty seems to be Flounder, but there are also other fish to be caught. Fish the bay, ocean front, etc. Lots of places to explore.

6. How about camping? Whether you want to pitch a tent or bunk down in a cabin,Virginia Beach is home to state parks with all the amenities a family needs to enjoy the natural side of the area. First Landing State Park would be my first choice with hiking, cabins, available laundry facilities, restrooms and showers. Though my husband and I like a more rustic vacation, with small children it is nice to have the best of both worlds.

7. Great places to build your family's dream sandcastle! I live on the Oregon coast where our beaches do not come with white sand, warm water and miles of beautiful beaches.

8. Get wet at the Ocean Breeze Waterpark. This park has all the thrills and drops sure to make Dad and the teens scream, but also areas specifically for the small kids. Buccaneer Bay is a great pirate ship for parents and little ones to explore and get wet on! I want to try Pirates' Plummet and Walk the Plank... a 200 ft. dark tunnel and 50 ft. drop. Wow!

9. Enjoy the wildlife. I would love to visit Virginia Beach for the chance to whale watch with my family. It is one of the items on my bucket list.

10. Go for the FOOD!! Come on, did you think I would forget to mention the food? Rockfish, oysters, lots of other fresh coastal delicacies to enjoy. Or plan your whole trip around the food with a coastal food tour. Yum!

Doesn't that sound great! If I have the chance to visit Virginia Beach, I am not sure what I would choose to do first... or how I would fit it all in! Have you ever been to Virginia Beach? Or have you ever thought about going there with your family?

About Virgina Beach
Virginia Beach entices visitors to “Live the Life” year-round! Located in the southeastern corner of the state, Virginia Beach is four hours southeast of D.C. by car and within a day’s drive or less from two-thirds of the U.S. population. For visitor information, call 1-800-VA-BEACH (800/822-3224) or visit www.VisitVirginiaBeach.com for online trip planning. 

Follow on Twitter at http://twitter.com/vabeachcvb and on Facebook

*Disclaimer - I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Virginia Beach Tourism blogging program, for a gift card worth $40. For more information on how you can participate, click here.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Great reasons! Check mine out too:
    http://hmcnaron.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!