Monday, August 22, 2011

The Day Baby Was Born™ - New app for new Moms #thedaybabywasborn


Do you remember the days your children were born?

I remember being told that even the best birth planning is only a guide. Expect the unexpected and no two births will be the same. My son's birth was far from what I ever imagined, but now I have a beautiful, active 3 1/2 year old, so it all worked out. His birth and his sister's were completely different.

For my son we went in after dinner for an induction. I remember being so ready to give birth. I was overdue, puffy, not feeling well... and DONE. I had told the midwife that I wasn't feeling good and asked about my options. I was a week overdue.

From my point of view, the downhill snowball that resulted in a c-section took maybe an hour or two. In reality, the surgery wasn't preformed till the following day when it was learned I had no fluid left, and the baby was in distress.

I wish I could tell you it was a calm and magical experience. In truth, I was terrified! Hooked up to IVs and swarmed by people who did their job but didn't talk to me felt very isolating. There are parts of that evening I don't remember.


The best part of course was after he was born and I was able to hold him. I starred and marveled at the little person wrapped up next to me. It was an amazing feeling to meet him and learn all about each other. I explored every toe and just watched him breathe and move. 

There is so much I have already forgotten almost 4 years later. I had a baby book, but barely opened it those first few sleep-deprived months. We ended up just posting our pics and short updates on a blog and our Facebook pages.

Tommee Tippee just stepped in and launched their The Day Baby Was Born™, a free web application that automatically gathers information about the day your child was born, creating a storybook that you can treasure and share. I really could have used an app like this!





With The Day Baby Was Born, you can capture some or all of the following, depending on how much time you want to spend:
  • Facebook Wall comments and well-wishes by friends and family through pregnancy and birth announcements
  • Your pregnancy journal from each week of the journey to the birth day
  • News, facts and information from the day your baby was born
  • Your personal story and letter to baby to preserve forever the feelings from that day
  • It’s is a simple way to create a beautiful record of the world at the moment your baby arrived
We don't plan on having any more children, but I will be recommending this app to my online friends. Especially for people with family that live far away, this is a great way to keep it all together and create a lasting record of the magical day.

See a sample storybook created with The Day Baby Was Born here: http://tommeetippee.sierrabravo.net/pdf/tt_storybook_example2b.pdf

Connect with Tommee Tippee: Like Tommee Tippee on Facebook or follow @tommeetippee_na on Twitter




*Disclaimer - I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Tommee Tippee blogging contest for a chance to get a gift pack worth $50. For more information on how you can participate, click here.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!