I hope you all had a great week, ate well and stayed hydrated.
I had a good week. Not a great one, but a good one. We are gearing up and preparing for PKU family camp. Both of my children have a metabolic disorder called Phenylketonuria. This camp allows families with the same issue to have fun, eat appropriate low-pro foods, and learn more about living with the issue. We are looking forward to playing outside, water slides, and hey, I won't have to cook!
So, while away from home eating is more of a challenge. I don't have total control over my meals or even my time as we will have activities and lectures and I still have my children to care for. I would love to hear if any of you have any tips.
Here is my plan of attack:
- Packing my own snacks. I am taking fruit...both dried and fresh, nuts and wasa crackers
- Going first for veggies. My kids' diet includes a lot of veggies, so this will be easy. Filling up on this will help me not over eat the questionable buffet foods served at the camp. Can you say carb overload?
- Taking 2 water bottles. I am not sure when I will be able to refill, so I am going prepared
- I am taking my exercise band. With the #100DayBurpeeChallenge, walking and the band I should be able to stay active while we are there.
- I am going to have fun! I can't control everything, but I can control my attitude and portions. So, you know, I'll be okay.
I gained .2 lbs, which I am not going to worry about. I have been stressed, not sleeping well and feeling puffy. So, I am looking forward to getting away with my family, drinking lots of water and working on my burpees! (#100DayBurpeeChallenge)
MAMAVATION TV: Join us Monday night at 7pm PST/10pm EST on Mingle Media TV
BLOGGING CARNIVAL: This week’s blogging carnival is sponsored by Eden Fantasys. Two blogging carnival participants will receive adult toys. Answer the following question in your blog post and link back to the Eden Fantasys website. Link up your post here.
Question: Why do you think exploring intimacy is an important part of a healthy lifestyle?
So many reasons! Besides being a natural stress reliever, it helps boost the immune system and after over 10 years of marriage I know our relationship is stronger (i.e. we communicate better and fight less) when we are intimate on a regular basis. We just need to prioritize focusing on each other... as well as ourselves. Oh, and did I mention it burns calories? Yeah, I think Leah would want me to mention that one!
*Disclaimer - This post is sponsored by Eden Fantasys and I’m writing this to be entered into a giveaway hosted by Mamavation.